IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Tonight Family Night. Kids under twelve free!
8/7/16, 2:33 AM   #21
ledgerwood3

Aric is coming out of recovery now from surgery. He was in good spirits before going in.

8/7/16, 7:01 AM   #22
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

Congrats to Jordan Kinser & Crew on the W!!! Great to C... 🏁👏 From what I'd seen earlier in the year thought he was really doing well but just had some tough breaks...

2 members like this post: pushinthecushin, tirespinner
8/7/16, 7:50 AM   #23
Re: Burg Tonight Family Night. Kids under twelve free!
Gregg

Congrats to Jordan Kinser on his victory last night.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Aric Gentry for a speedy recovery.

With Jordan Kinser winning at the 'burg how many Kinsers does that make that have won at Lawrenceburg. I bet itsanonwinthing would know.

2 members like this post: DirtHawk92, tirespinner
8/7/16, 8:09 AM   #24
chastaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
First off, Prayers for Aric Gentry and Bub Cummins. Cummins looked like he took the harder flip but I think he ran over Gentry in the process. The good news is they were both alert and got out of their own cars. The bad news Gentry probably took the best advice and its getting looked over. Soon as someone has news, Please let us know. Aric looked really fast in the B as did other non regulars. A little swirly at times but everybody is till they learn the track.

Was good to see JJ Hughes racing, Races his way cleanly into a transfer and came on strong for I believe eighth place finish.

Dickie Gaines Broke a rear end before the green flew on his heat, So he jumped in the Spille 71 transfered out of his heat and was actually up to eighth at one point before Hughes and I think another got by.

Andretti and Grant held their own in the feature but weren't really going forward.

The track was really techincal. All on the top inches from the wall especially in one and two. A slight mistake entering and guys were hitting the wall quite regularly.

This is, Along with some fine smooth mistake free driving allowed Jordan Kinser to grab the lead from his starting spot and honestly, Made it look easy. He didn't have to go harder, pass others to move forward and every time someone behind him made a slight mistake or had to fend off another car he pulled another couple car lengths away.

The track so techincal and hard to pass that i think Bilbee must have thrown about seven sliders on Fischesser for second place before he made one stick or that wouldn't take himself or Michael out in the process. After that he was gaining on Kinser but way to late to real him in.

Fischesser ran strong, running second two thirds of the race before Bilbee got the spot. Andretti rounded out the top four.
Babb, Who I don't know if I've seen here before was fast, Swirly early in the night but by feature was going pretty good. I think Grant got sixth and Abbrams seventh.

Anyway, I always said Jordan Kinser looked much improved this year at the burg, the times I've seen him and he just plain earned this as his first time win here.

Mods and hornets had first time winners as well> http://www.speednetdirect.com/results.php?track_id=8771
Full unofficial results here
it was Daylan Chambers, not Bub Cumming that wrecked with Eric

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, DirtHawk92, tirespinner
8/7/16, 8:28 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Sorry about that, Prayers for Daylan that he's ok and not too sore, . Fixed the original post.

Was very happy with the turnout, Both cars and fans. Weather perfect. Thanks to al the teams, crews and track and crew for another great night.

Two weeks is the Dick Gaines Memorial. A Indiana Icon, Multi time track champion at many tracks, A Knoxville National Winner and the guy in Karl Kinser's car before Steve. And also helped make the Dizz Wilson cars famous. Only Sprint Car Driver other than Steve Kinser I know that has a released song about him.

Also Dickie Gaines Dad.

Come on out and support this 3K to win event. Aug 20th. Hotlaps at six. Racing at seven.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/8/16 at 11:56 PM.

1 member likes this post: ARG
8/7/16, 10:05 AM   #26
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
Congrats to Jordan Kinser on his victory last night.

Thoughts and prayers go out to Aric Gentry for a speedy recovery.

With Jordan Kinser winning at the 'burg how many Kinsers does that make that have won at Lawrenceburg. I bet itsanonwinthing would know.
as far as I know, Kinser winners at the 'Burg are - Bob, Steve, Randy, Kelly, Kraig, Mark and now Jordan. Sheldon Jr was track champion (for Hurst Bros), but didn't win a feature.
Last edited by itsanonwingthing; 8/8/16 at 12:18 PM. Reason: added Mark Kinser

8/7/16, 1:29 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Think Mark won one, Didn't race there a lot but pretty sure he bagged a race or two. Not even sure it was All Stars but possibly a race Mel had put a little $$$ up top which he did once in awhile. Pretty sure it was before he went on the WoO tour. Just a plain 5M

8/7/16, 2:05 PM   #28
chambersday

Who all was there taking pictures or video? Just wondering if anyone caught my crash on video

1 member likes this post: crew chief
8/7/16, 2:19 PM   #29
Charles Nungester

Word from a family members FB post was that Aric went through surgery fine and is doing well, But Dr's want to keep him a couple days. Lets keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

3 members like this post: ARG, DirtHawk92, pushinthecushin
8/7/16, 2:54 PM   #30
cdav20

Are you doing ok Daylan?

chad davenport

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Burg Tonight Family Night. Kids under twelve free!