IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #71 7/10/16 8:42 AM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Why would I care? This in response about what thread has the most views ever.

Had a great time tonight at Waynesfield, With my cooler, with my stadium seat, was said hi too by at least five track staff and the sanction promoter. I got no problem saying some of the reasons in the thread is why I chose this option. I honestly don't care how great a product is if your business isn't appreciated A thank you when you buy a ticket or have a great night. A hello or a kind resolving of track policy when entering the gate. A thank you upon buying something inside the gate.

Im not out to hurt any track, But some people make it sound like they could piss on you all night and as long as they called it rain, IT's OK.

Chuck, going to take a lot of flak for this one, Maybe it will set a record? Again, I don't care about that. I care that people find the tracks as enjoyable as the racing and if some (SIMPLE) steps were taking just to say Welcome or thank you. It would go a long way toward making people want to come back or visit in the first place.
I can not believe you use a stadium seat. People who use these are very inconsiderate. Last night Kokomo was as full as I have ever seen it. A guy sitting 2 rows in front of us had a stadium seat. He was leaning back in it to the point that no one could sit behind him. People were even having trouble walking behind him. Every time someone would bump him, he would give them a dirty look.
3 Likes: fish, streetglider, Vukie
FEATHERDUSTER (Offline)
  #72 7/10/16 8:49 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
Feather duster you mentioned Eldora becoming a winged nascar track. It's threads like this that keeps usac being there only 3 times a year. Way to many people complain about the track conditions.
I don't believe I said anything regarding track conditions.
suzuki756 (Offline)
  #73 7/10/16 8:50 AM
People make me sick. This is the problem with everyone you want it now your way pretty much the blanket thing is there will be no reserve seats it makes it fair to all. What the hell you people do if you couldn't complain because it's not your way. I work with the public and it's getting very hard to make them happy anymore . Complain about something that is important!!!!!!
Grow up realize how stupid this is
9 Likes: br549, BrentTFunk, Crankin, D.N.3, dirt330, fish, oppweld, PIT CART, trannyman
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #74 7/10/16 9:35 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I can not believe you use a stadium seat. People who use these are very inconsiderate. Last night Kokomo was as full as I have ever seen it. A guy sitting 2 rows in front of us had a stadium seat. He was leaning back in it to the point that no one could sit behind him. People were even having trouble walking behind him. Every time someone would bump him, he would give them a dirty look.
Not sure what Kokomo policy is but Gas City you never could have em and I follow the rules. Wasn't a problem at the Field as there was elbow room. Isn't a problem at the Burg as it has seat backs anyway. Wasn't a problem at Putnamville, (I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY LET LAWN CHAIRS) Not a problem at THAT. Makes the hillside stands at Bloomington bearable.

Like I said, I follow the rules of the track, Montpillier asked for Midget week only that no Stadium seats and I didn't take it.

Charles Nungester
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, interpreter66, Jbaldwin
br549 (Offline)
  #75 7/10/16 9:55 AM
I love non wing sprintcar racing at all tracks. Thanks oconners for 2 great nights made me and the wife grateful to be alive to see it.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, D.N.3, FEATHERDUSTER, fish, itsanonwingthing, Jbaldwin, LUCKYONE, midnightrider, PIT CART, Rpracing1
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #76 7/10/16 11:21 AM
You're right Brent, you're there a lot more than I but I can't remember a larger crowd. I bolted as they came off turn 4 to the checkers so almost all the cars were still parked. I couldn't believe how far north they were parked. There were too many cautions, and I got dustier than usual, but the only complaint I have is I wasn't able to BS with you some. I am still in awe of the great racing I saw last night!
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, PIT CART, wildman92
wildman92 (Offline)
  #77 7/10/16 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
You're right Brent, you're there a lot more than I but I can't remember a larger crowd. I bolted as they came off turn 4 to the checkers so almost all the cars were still parked. I couldn't believe how far north they were parked. There were too many cautions, and I got dustier than usual, but the only complaint I have is I wasn't able to BS with you some. I am still in awe of the great racing I saw last night!
We were amazed at how far away people parked last night. I think that's the largest crowd we've ever seen there. The race was outstanding. So, so excited for Kyle to get his first USAC win.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Obie, Rpracing1
tamati (Offline)
  #78 7/10/16 11:49 AM
Thats right dont lose your core fans, I know of at least 4 people who will not go back to bloomington!
JoshHanson18 (Offline)
  #79 7/10/16 12:34 PM
For what it's worth, I'm not a fan of saving seats anyway. It's definitely discouraging to new fans who may be making their first trip to the track and find nothing free but the bottom when the top half of the stands is technically "empty". If you want a top row seat, get there early and plant your butt.

I've been noticing that the dirt world is very inward-focused. You've got to keep the existing fans happy, but we focus way too much on marketing to existing fans while generally ignoring newcomers and outsiders, who find it much easier and user-friendly to just watch NASCAR. Thankfully we've got some good people working hard to move things in the right direction, though.
2 Likes: fish, PIT CART
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #80 7/10/16 1:04 PM
Funny josh, of the 8 seats I saved, 5 of them were for people that had never been before, so it worked out for them. I never used to save seats but finally was able to free up enough time to get there early enough to do so. If you can't beat em join em. Now the next race I'm going to be able to make I am leaving straight from work, and I'll take whatever seats are left when I get there, no complaints, unless someone wants to save one for me