IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jonr (Offline)
  #11 2/14/16 5:47 PM
I have been to 6 of the 10. While I realize these list are highly opinionated, there is no way XX Speedway is in the top 10. It is not even in my top three for the state of Missouri.
3 Likes: jim goerge, mlamb, oldfan49
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #12 2/14/16 6:45 PM
Originally Posted by JJMooney:
9 out of 10. Never been to Tulare. I'll need to fix that someday.

I've even been to Double X once. I went there right after an Indy car race at Gateway. I arrived late and sat behind some locals, including a group of Mennonites. I had just sat down when the announcer came over the PA saying that "anyone who traveled the farthest to the track tonight would receive a free Pepsi. Just show your driver's license at the concession stand". I must've stood out for some reason. I swear 20 people turned around and looked at me. I will agree their hamburgers were amazing...and cheap. Everything was cheap. Even the cost to get in was like 8 bucks. It was like I had stepped into a time warp. And yes, I got that free Pepsi!

Jesse Hockett told me about XX Speedway,when I told him about upcoming plans,and I was looking for somewhere different to go on a Sunday night on the way to Knoxville. I think it was $7.00 to get in when I went,and "Aussie Wayne" was there that night and won the long distance award.
4 Likes: fish, jim goerge, JJMooney, koolaid89
JJMooney (Offline)
  #13 2/14/16 7:07 PM
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn:
Jesse Hockett told me about XX Speedway,when I told him about upcoming plans,and I was looking for somewhere different to go on a Sunday night on the way to Knoxville. I think it was $7.00 to get in when I went,and "Aussie Wayne" was there that night and won the long distance award.
I remember now. It was 7 bucks to get in when I went too. I only had 10 dollars in my wallet. I paid to get in, bought a hamburger, a box of popcorn, a program, got the free soda and still had a buck left over at the end of night!
6 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, erich45, jim goerge, koolaid89, racemaniac, Tony74
dlhewitt (Offline)
  #14 2/14/16 7:44 PM
No Eldora?
Somebody needs slapped for that.
miledirt (Offline)
  #15 2/14/16 8:57 PM
No Pevely or Eldora? not even close
LB (Offline)
  #16 2/14/16 11:06 PM
For some reason I always drive by double X on the way to Indiana, you know Bloomington, Lawrenceburg, that ,the hills and Anderson and Kokomo ,,lb,, yep ruined by the monster that's called Kokomo!
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #17 2/14/16 11:58 PM
Eldora must be in the top 10 of any dirt track list for sprints or late models. Don't know if it's the best but it is a great track and atmosphere
Will Shunk (Offline)
  #18 2/15/16 12:09 AM
Eldora might be top 10 based upon its sprint car heritage, but it is now a fabulous facility for late models. Kokomo not only deserves this honor, it has EARNED this honor. Thanks O'Connor Family!
6 Likes: captrat, dirt330, DirtHawk92, flagboy55, mowerman, rapid robert
RichH (Offline)
  #19 2/15/16 12:35 AM
Ive been to 7 of 10 plus many of the oldies. I can understand the diversity of opinion on Eldora... it's been the scene of some of the best and, yes, worst sprint races ever. Why they have the dust problem that other less well financed facilities dont is a mystery. Nevertheless, the stands are usually full.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and bearing a cross"
2 Likes: fish, jim goerge
Jim Gardner (Online)
  #20 2/15/16 8:13 AM
Winchester.

Jim Gardner
3 Likes: monkeyboy, photoman, racephoto1