IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BigBoost5.3Notch (Offline)
  #11 1/20/16 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Big

We race zx10r's. They are also not too popular so I know what you are doing is up hill. Checking the oil pan on the Honda shows that it is also a deep center sump design. This make you have to mount the engine very high in the car. While this design works real well on motorcycles that lean into the turn on cars the oil climbs the walls of the sump and you run out of oil. People do fabricate flat pans and pickups>>>I don't really know about for the Honda? At the least you might want t fabricate a baffle trap door deal to hold the oil back in the turns. Sp-2 is usually a spec tire.

Honest Dad himself
Dad, thanks for all the help and taking it a step further thinking about the oil pan. Good news is the pan has already been modified when the previous owner had the car. I beleive he said speed partz did it and looks like they did a nice job, bad news is previous owner had no gear chart haha.
We will figure out a chart but as always would have been nice if someone else already had one....
DAD (Offline)
  #12 1/21/16 1:03 AM
Big

Scott and Larry Fasse of Speed Partz are the guys I had in mind when I said good running Honda 1000's.

Honest Dad himself
RickyBobby (Offline)
  #13 1/21/16 2:15 AM
Look up Quick Engineering on Facebook or call Dallas Quick at (928) 699-8892. He sells oil pans for 2008-2011 cbr1000s. That guy knows his hondas.

Andrew Funk #8
RoyaltonMiniSprint (Offline)
  #14 1/21/16 9:33 PM
I created one send me your address will mail u one.
Bill84 (Offline)
  #15 1/22/16 6:07 AM
Here's a chart, but not sure on the year of the motor.

Bill

DAD (Offline)
  #16 1/22/16 1:18 PM
Bill

Searched from 1994 to 2014 and couldn't find these numbers anywhere. from 1996 up seem to be the same the 95 down was the cbr900.

Honest Dad himself