IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
corbin's mamaw
  #11 5/28/08 7:22 PM
any progress on the dirt?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #12 5/28/08 11:30 PM
Id suggest everyone call Bray Aspenburger contracting and tell them to get on the ball or face 700 race fans in person or at least tell them you wouldn't recomend them to anyone and even warn em.

To be fair, They did amazing work when they worked until some new supervisor showed up.

They did start moving a bit today but not much.
Been three weeks since a truckload of clay was moved.
Chuck

Charles Nungester
DOINK
  #13 5/29/08 12:41 AM
ALLELUIA FOR LAWRENCEBERG!!!!! Good things do come those who wait.
remember Lawrencebergers, and racers the new website for Lawrenceberg is up and running. TandSracingphotos.com. It is as new as the racetrack.They still have some work to do on it also but it is up and running.
Doink
shanks39 (Offline)
  #14 5/29/08 6:59 AM
Dave,

Is the MASS show still on for June 6, and 7th? From the photo posted on here looks like a well performed face lift.

Alex Shanks
mudslinger 85
  #15 5/29/08 7:32 AM
NOT going to happen!!! I would not expect a race at the burg till July. SUCKS for everyone .
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #16 5/29/08 8:06 AM
The way things are going with construction at The 'Burg, I wonder what would happen if it is not done by July 9?

Would Gas City get 4 nights of racing?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #17 5/29/08 8:12 AM
They could have the track done with 48hrs worth of work. They just won't do it for some reason and the reasons they give are Bull.

Charles Nungester
FishBurger (Offline)
  #18 5/29/08 8:18 AM
Talked briefly with Bill Cunningham ('Burg mayor) at Kroger's yesterday a.m. He says that the pile of racing surface dirt behind the old pit area has been a mud bog and not yet workable to move to the track. This is the big hangup. Billy is really pumped up about the project and was telling me about "140 m.p.h." speeds and "six USAC events" per year. Not sure I'm buying all that but I've known Bill for a long time. He's a good guy and though I'm an outsider (Greendale resident), it seems to me he's been a fine mayor for The 'Burg.

Stopped by the speedway yesterday. Not much going on. Guy in a front end loader digging around in the aforementioned pile of racing surface dirt. I would presume this is to help it dry out quicker. Workers and equipment were pretty much dedicated to ditch filling behind the main grandstand. New pit area looks to me like a major challenge to complete. All my race track construction experience mtells me.........O.K., I don't have any :doh: .....still, I don't see race cars circling the 3/8 'Burg oval for some time. JMO, as always.:checkered:
okokok
  #19 5/29/08 9:06 AM
Duh.. the pile of Clay is all wet ...

Since that Clay was brought in last fall - wouldn't the contractor have known that it had to be covered with big construction tarps to keep it dry? It does rain a lot here in the Spring!

I am not in construction - but, isn't there a piece of machinery that could be brought in to dry the clay - I know it could not get real hot - it would make bricks - but tumbling - even with no heat - wouldn't that dry out the clay?

Would the following piece of machinery work?

http://www.westpromachinery.com/p_dryers-rotary.htm

Thought I read that the Tech building is just being finished. To me, that is separate from the track - they have had since October to build a simple tech building.

Apparently, all the events for the fair will not happen - what a shame. What a great time to show off a great investment.

I could see 6 USAC races - they would be used in a TV package. What other reason for so many lights.

140 MPH ??? I do not see it. Maybe he means top speed at end of straight.

This would be faster than Eldora, but with less banking and shorter track. Must be the clay - "Stickier than Eldora"
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #20 5/29/08 9:34 AM
Originally Posted by FishBurger:
Talked briefly with Bill Cunningham ('Burg mayor) at Kroger's yesterday a.m. He says that the pile of racing surface dirt behind the old pit area has been a mud bog and not yet workable to move to the track. This is the big hangup. Billy is really pumped up about the project and was telling me about "140 m.p.h." speeds and "six USAC events" per year. Not sure I'm buying all that but I've known Bill for a long time. He's a good guy and though I'm an outsider (Greendale resident), it seems to me he's been a fine mayor for The 'Burg.

Stopped by the speedway yesterday. Not much going on. Guy in a front end loader digging around in the aforementioned pile of racing surface dirt. I would presume this is to help it dry out quicker. Workers and equipment were pretty much dedicated to ditch filling behind the main grandstand. New pit area looks to me like a major challenge to complete. All my race track construction experience mtells me.........O.K., I don't have any :doh: .....still, I don't see race cars circling the 3/8 'Burg oval for some time. JMO, as always.:checkered:
I know a lot of people that want nothing to do with 140 M.P.H. in a non wing sprint car. Maybe with a wing or a late model. We will have to see what happens before anyone will know for sure. J.M.O.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com