IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement midget racing.
1/14/16, 11:39 PM   #11
Re: Pavement midget racing.
egh170

DAD, We at Grundy county have approved fazing out the DOT tire in favor of American Racer midget pavement tire. We also will be under the D2 engine rules. If you need more information on our upcoming pavement series season, contact me at the info provided below.

Everett Holt
Race Director STARS/ILLINI
815-741-8722
170egh@gmail.com

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/15/16, 1:05 AM   #12
Bradleyracing86

Also not a good idea on asphalt.
Thin wall Bailey, and older ERC cars, front axles with 5/8 kingpins... and gasoline....

2 members like this post: dirtrack, Tony74
1/15/16, 2:57 AM   #13
Markdąy

I would most diffently like to see someone or some place run a pavement midget series I have a pavement midget and would like to run it ,had a fontana engine but got rid of it, want to set it up with a Honda 2.4 engine so I could run it maybe a couple places . or even put a wing on it and try nemą but there all a drive for me . from east centeral Indiana

1 member likes this post: Hammer
1/16/16, 12:07 AM   #14
DAD

Mark

I think pavement racing might be pretty neat with this class as long as they kept to 1/5 or 1/4 mile tracks. My question to you would be how could the pavement specialty cars be handicapped so as not to chase off the regular dirt Midget or Combo cars in order to keep the car count up.

The twin tracks of the SpeedDrome in Indy and the Jeffersonvile SportsDrome would be great tracks to set up a Midget race series.

We did a TV commercial at the SportsDrome with a winged 600cc upright a few years ago. The sound they produce is entirely different when they are accelerating all the way down the straights. Even with 600cc motors we were turning times equal to and faster than their stock car record times.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/16/16 at 12:15 AM.

1/16/16, 10:54 AM   #15
Markdąy

Dad

Weight, I don't know what kind of tire size they have that could handicap the pavement only car.

1/16/16, 4:20 PM   #16
Chase Hightower

Also saw Mt. Lawn is opening again this year. I loved running a midget there! I'd like to go pavement racing again. Where an old chassis and motor can be competitive. Run what you brung, restrict bigger newer engines. Who cares on tires? No rule, buy what a guy can get his hands on for the best$$$ Spec tire, have to run it all night? Hard compound? May have to drive the thing a little bit then!

1 member likes this post: Tall Jackson
1/18/16, 6:13 PM   #17
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower View Post
Also saw Mt. Lawn is opening again this year. I loved running a midget there! I'd like to go pavement racing again. Where an old chassis and motor can be competitive. Run what you brung, restrict bigger newer engines. Who cares on tires? No rule, buy what a guy can get his hands on for the best$$$ Spec tire, have to run it all night? Hard compound? May have to drive the thing a little bit then!
I have reached out to a few smaller sized pavement tracks and waiting to hear back. Do not have any contact info for Mt.Lawn but it would be an ideal size track for this type of racing.

www.illinimidgets.com

1/18/16, 6:22 PM   #18
egh170

At Grundy a 1/3 mile banked. The D2 Cars do very well running mid 15 low 16 second laps very competitive. Anyone wishing to run a pavement D2 or restricted national motor is more than welcome to run with us. Give us a try. You might enjoy it.

Everett Holt
Race Director
STARS/ILLINI Racing
815-741-8722
170egh@gmail.com
Last edited by egh170; 1/18/16 at 6:31 PM.

1/18/16, 6:47 PM   #19
Chase Hightower

Jay if u will contact me by phone tomorrow 01/18 I will get contact number for the owner of Mt. Lawn for you.
Thanks, Chase Hightower
765-524-3591

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
1/18/16, 10:01 PM   #20
Avon Open Wheel fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Hightower View Post
Jay if u will contact me by phone tomorrow 01/18 I will get contact number for the owner of Mt. Lawn for you.
Thanks, Chase Hightower
765-524-3591
Thank you I sent you a PM and I will call you tomorrow.

www.illinimidgets.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Pavement midget racing.