IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Rich Mersereau (Offline)
  #11 12/30/15 11:38 PM
The #11 should be retired from all sprint car racing. King rules.
4 Likes: bigq11, jim goerge, PIT CART, Speedwrench
SWScaleChassis (Offline)
  #12 12/31/15 8:15 AM
Call it my age (23) and having not been around long enough to TRULY appreciate the long long lineage of the Sprint Car evolution, but, I don't personally have a problem with these tanks. Easier to letter, ease of assembly/repair and potentially better weight management.

As said above though, to each is own!
DAD (Offline)
  #13 12/31/15 11:31 AM
Back in the day that they raced with tanks like this the cars that ran them were called "Super Modified's". A step down from the "magna fluxed paper carrying" Sprint car of that time.

Honest Dad himself
4 Likes: CRA91, jim goerge, oppweld, turn4
interpreter66 (Offline)
  #14 12/31/15 4:52 PM
Originally Posted by DAD:
Back in the day that they raced with tanks like this the cars that ran them were called "Super Modified's". A step down from the "magna fluxed paper carrying" Sprint car of that time.

Honest Dad himself
They used to run them on the sprint cars in the 70s in Florida at Goldengate Speedway and other tracks around here but I think that is where they got the idea

Link courtesy of Lynn bob😀🏁
Go to www.floridastockcars.com. You can see a bunch of old sprints and drivers,not just Florida driversA lot of guys that came down in the winter
#1jackhewittfan (Offline)
  #15 12/31/15 8:53 PM
Crocket has been using that tank for several years now...
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #16 12/31/15 9:32 PM
One that comes to mind in our area was Jack Kraylek Blue & White # 71. Ran Findlay (Millstream) & Fremont back in the day.
JDK222 (Offline)
  #17 12/31/15 9:34 PM
I think it makes them look like Lawn Mowers 😕

Jason D. Keefer
gary curry (Offline)
  #18 1/2/16 5:40 PM
Saw it last night at Cocopah. Kind of reminds me of a manx cat.
Scooter23 (Offline)
  #19 1/3/16 3:06 PM
Might be easier to letter (so would a stock car or a board), but the car number sure isn't going to be visible to fans in stands if they don't always run a topwing...
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #20 1/3/16 4:30 PM
Rules where we race say: Traditional Sprint style only, who defines this?? Beats me