IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chassis set up advice
12/24/15, 6:49 PM   #11
Ferett50

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bA_d3lqOLAA

Here is a video of our track and our cars mine is the black car with green frame,

12/24/15, 7:07 PM   #12
LEADERS EDGE

Appears to me that it's too tight and you are shaking it loose.

Bob East had the best observation I have heard about race car drivers and them telling you how the car feels....I'm paraphrasing some...but Bob said that most drivers only remember what the car did last and that isn't always what the problem with the car is. Meaning that if they are telling you that it's loose....often times it is actually tight and the driver is making it loose. Without seeing a full night in person it's hard to tell.

Just remember that little changes in
Driving can make as big a difference as changes on the car.

3 members like this post: CRA91, hairracer44, interpreter66
12/24/15, 7:18 PM   #13
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
That's what I saw.

12/24/15, 9:40 PM   #14
Ferett50

Just been out to and checked my notes i actually run a 5 front left shock and a 5/4 right front

12/24/15, 11:43 PM   #15
latemodel55

Lower the front panhard bar.

12/24/15, 11:44 PM   #16
treecitytornado

I agree with Scott now that I watched the video! The car is too tight getting in and you shake it loose, which makes you free off. Need more stagger and definitely more right rear stick out!

12/25/15, 11:26 AM   #17
Re: Chassis set up advice
hairracer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post

Bob East had the best observation I have heard about race car drivers and them telling you how the car feels....I'm paraphrasing some...but Bob said that most drivers only remember what the car did last and that isn't always what the problem with the car is. Meaning that if they are telling you that it's loose....often times it is actually tight and the driver is making it loose. Without seeing a full night in person it's hard to tell.

Just remember that little changes in
Driving can make as big a difference as changes on the car.
I would have to agree with Scott the car looks tight going in and you are making it loose in the middle to out. You are going to get an overwhelming amount of advice on how to fix your car and you have to remember there are multiple way on a race car to get it to do the same thing or fix a handling issue. You can ask 10 people and they will tell you ten different things and they all could be right the key is figuring out what is right for you and how you drive. Remember the car is a big X what you do on the right front will affect the Left rear and vise versa. In this situation you could stick the RR out and the car should rotate more going in or you could put a stiffer bar in the RR and the car should rotate a little more getting in the corner. This is off of J&J Web site it is a cheat sheet on things to do to change the car.

http://www.jandjautoracing.com/cms/u...etup_sheet.pdf

2 members like this post: CRA91, DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chassis set up advice