IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Junior Knepper Memorial
12/20/15, 3:02 AM   #1
Junior Knepper Memorial
LEADERS EDGE

Standing Room Only. Steinhouse chased down BC for the win. Some of the best racing you could hope to see. Thank you to the Knepper family and USAC for an outstanding event that I can only hope to be an annual gathering.

If you weren't there...you need to get your tix for the USAC opener there in March. You won't be sorry.

12/20/15, 4:42 AM   #2
Re: Junior Knepper Memorial
jim goerge

There wasn't a yawner all night long. That was some of the best racing I have seen this year.

12/20/15, 9:28 AM   #3
kendirt

Shane Morgan puts a D2-legal Ecotech in the A-main

2 members like this post: jay mcquinn, jim goerge
12/20/15, 9:37 AM   #4
Quantrill

Any video posted yet?

12/20/15, 10:58 AM   #5
tubemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEADERS EDGE View Post
Standing Room Only. Steinhouse chased down BC for the win. Some of the best racing you could hope to see. Thank you to the Knepper family and USAC for an outstanding event that I can only hope to be an annual gathering.

If you weren't there...you need to get your tix for the USAC opener there in March. You won't be sorry.
For those of us who couldn't make it there, it was a great watch on The Cushion. Great racing and great crowd, doesn't get any better than that.

2 members like this post: dtrain10, Red Hat
12/20/15, 12:11 PM   #6
team3521

Kudos to USAC for running a very organized race.
A special shoutout to Levi Jones did a fantastic job as race director. He was out there deciding what to do to the track and personally out there guiding the tractor and water truck to make a fantastic racing surface for some of the best racing I've seen all year.
Well worth the trip there!
Tyler Thomas in the BT Machine 91t car deserves a shoutout too in my I opinion. Started off pole, spin on the first lap, started 20th at the tail and immediately went up in the slick top shelf picking guys and a gal off. He was the fastest car on the track. Unfortunately got together with Joey Saldsna passing him for 2nd with probably 15 laps to go. I believe he would've won the race if he didn't get together there with Ssldana. He made me a fan last night.

3 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, jim goerge, mc/rider
12/20/15, 12:25 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

I watched it on TheCushion.com and it was well worth the money. Good stream, good coverage and the racing was great. That's how you do indoor racing. I also thought the berm was a good size and honestly, by the end of the race, the inside line wasn't the fastest.

2 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, jim goerge
12/20/15, 12:35 PM   #8
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Another fantastic race at DuQuoin. Whether outdoor on the big mile or indoor, they never disappoint. Awesome crowd, some impromptu tailgating in the parking lot, perhaps some Fireball, and another great evening with our awesome racing family.

12/20/15, 12:39 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Better get your tickets for the shamerock USAC Midget opener there while they last. I got a feeling there won't be walk ups. Unless they somehow add seating on the back straight. There is plenty of room for it, Most cars would have to pit out back though.

Anyway Advance tickets for the Shamrock Midget Classic https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shamroc...ts-20089747977

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
12/20/15, 1:37 PM   #10
chathamracefan

Incredible show last night. Made for a late night but certainly worth it. Will be going in March for sure

3 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, jim goerge, luckybuc97
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Junior Knepper Memorial