IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New winged asphalt sprint car series
12/7/15, 8:32 PM   #21
mfjmotorsports

Good luck keeping American racers from blistering one of the fastest pavement groups in the country the nsra went to American racers in 2015 and had nothing but problems with them even with 450hp 604 crate motors. ASCS motors and hooser tires are the combo and you have to run your tires all night but you get to check in 5 so most check a second rr. Works very well.

12/7/15, 10:14 PM   #22
Baylands

I prefer the Non wing version of asphalt racing. Davey Hamiltons wing series is getting fairly strong on the west coast. We usd to have the non wing 360 USAC series on the West Coast, and until the recession it was a strong series with 25-35 quality cars. Proved too costly to survive the downturn. Unrestricted 360 aluminum engines, Hoosier tires, as many as you like to use. CASA existed for a short time and was a lower cost alternative using American Racer tires. I think the USAC Western States could be resurrected if the iron block 23 degree head engine rule was adopted and also institute a number of tires per race rule. Meridian Idaho has a great budget class called Pepsi Sprints. 602 Crate motors, strict tire and weight rule.

1 member likes this post: mfjmotorsports
12/7/15, 11:04 PM   #23
mfjmotorsports

The northwest is an awesome place for pavement sprintcar racing along with the west coast just in the northwest you have medera CA, salt lake ut, Meridian id, state line Id, Monroe wa,roseburg or, Victoria BC and I may have missed a few. I wish usac would come back to life I loved racing non wing but 22 wing cars taking the green on the 1/4 mile at Meridian Speedway is a fun night racing with some of the fastest pavement sprintcar drivers in USA.and the 602 cars at Meridian is a bad ass class

12/9/15, 1:33 PM   #24
short track scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfjmotorsports View Post
Good luck keeping American racers from blistering one of the fastest pavement groups in the country the nsra went to American racers in 2015 and had nothing but problems with them even with 450hp 604 crate motors. ASCS motors and hooser tires are the combo and you have to run your tires all night but you get to check in 5 so most check a second rr. Works very well.
Try putting some air them. Had zero problems at Bristol in 2011 on ART.

And Winchester. Salem. IRP. Kalamzaoo. Five Flags. Mobile.

2 members like this post: team3521, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New winged asphalt sprint car series