IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Speedway Seeking Feedback From Fans & Drivers
10/26/15, 12:06 PM   #1
Montpelier Speedway Seeking Feedback From Fans & Drivers
BrianBSU23

The Montpelier Motor Speedway is seeking feedback from the 2015 season to help shape how we move forward for the 2016 season. Whether you raced or visited us once or attended frequently, we are interested in learning about your experience. Thanks for the feedback!

Fan Version
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...1-ff13404bfdaf

Driver Version
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...4-6bb198e495e9

Midget Version & 2016 Rules
http://www.esurveyspro.com/Survey.as...b-d0ccac5ad56d

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, FALCONEDDIE
10/27/15, 1:08 AM   #2
Re: Montpelier Speedway Seeking Feedback From Fans & Drivers
jdull99

Please don't out-law "national" midget engines...thank-you.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/27/15, 1:16 AM   #3
treecitytornado

Thanks to Montpelier for working each year to improve things for the drivers, teams, and fans! Thanks for the survey! Wish every track did this!

4 members like this post: BrianBSU23, LRP36, MIracing, spicoli
10/27/15, 11:33 AM   #4
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post

Jason

Why would they change something that is working just the way that they had designed it to work. A trip to Montpelier for a Midget race would open up a lot of eyes, to people skeptical to the concept of Chris Economaki's moniker "Let them all run" !!

Pretty hard to improve on perfection but it seems every year they do manage to do it. Given some development it would not surprise me to even see more DII type cars up and racing for the win, right Chet?

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Racer1039
10/30/15, 10:29 AM   #5
BrianBSU23

Thanks to all of the feedback so far from fans and drivers.

It's the amazing amount of growth the Midgets have seen in term of desire from fans along with the number of people that have enjoyed sprints back at MMS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdull99 View Post
This is not even consideration for our Midget series. We are happy with what we have in terms of car count and competitiveness.

Quote:
Given some development it would not surprise me to even see more DII type cars up and racing for the win, right Chet?
Support from "D2" legal cars in our series has been rather small. I think the average has been 3 cars that would be D2 Legal of the 24 car average. You are right in the fact that Chett ran from the tail into the top 5 and was still charging with an Echotech. Gage Etgen, Mitchell Davis, and several others (Bedwell, Dunham, WRP guys) have ran in the front or well with D2 cars at Montpelier this season.

If you attended a race at MMS this past season, we would love to learn about your experience through the survey!

10/30/15, 11:58 AM   #6
sprint51

I have raced there for many years and you guys at the track have done a outstanding job the track is been awsome the last 2 to 3 years thanks for having the MTQRL up there! Ron Combs

2 members like this post: BrianBSU23, i love dirt track racing
10/30/15, 1:03 PM   #7
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Brian, a quick scan of the results from this season shows D-II legal car counts were 8(out of 25), 9(26), 7(23), 7(24)& 7(23) give or take (some of the entries I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't count them); this includes Ecotech, Focus, Kenyon and Motorcycle power with chain drive; that works out to roughly a third of the field each night, hardly "small" support. Given the great atmosphere and welcoming nature of everyone involved (along with how much fun everyone who's come out to give it a try has had) I wouldn't be surprised to see it be the same if not better next year.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

10/30/15, 2:24 PM   #8
BrianBSU23

It looks like you are correct. I was guessing at those results from a quick scan from our overall points for the year of the top 25 in points. We haven't really gotten hung up on which engine every entry has. We just wanted good action packed shows that passes the eye test. Everyone one has done that for us.

When the Midget series started about 25% of our fan base said they enjoyed the class. This year after a few hundred surveys it is running around 90%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Brian, a quick scan of the results from this season shows D-II legal car counts were 8(out of 25), 9(26), 7(23), 7(24)& 7(23) give or take (some of the entries I wasn't 100% sure so I didn't count them); this includes Ecotech, Focus, Kenyon and Motorcycle power with chain drive; that works out to roughly a third of the field each night, hardly "small" support. Given the great atmosphere and welcoming nature of everyone involved (along with how much fun everyone who's come out to give it a try has had) I wouldn't be surprised to see it be the same if not better next year.

4 members like this post: DAD, jay mcquinn, jjones752, Tom23
10/30/15, 3:09 PM   #9
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

"We haven't really gotten hung up on which engine every entry has. "

Just about perfectly sums up why I love running there...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

10/31/15, 4:27 PM   #10
98arpy

If Plymouth gets a good field of the new Pro Sprints and they have a night or two off it might be interesting to have them once or twice.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Montpelier Speedway Seeking Feedback From Fans & Drivers