IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Duane Hancock (Offline)
  #11 9/3/15 8:20 AM
Too many other races this weekend to change it to this weekend I think, guess they will see how the crowd turns out
mc/rider (Offline)
  #12 9/3/15 8:22 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
I hate that I am missing my first Gold Crown, but with the weather the last couple of years, I understand the change. Hope it is a packed house. I have always had a great time at this race. The people at Tri City are great.
Second stringer here,Ill be subbing for Mr. Funk this weekend

When in doubt Gas It
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
ronmil (Offline)
  #13 9/3/15 3:01 PM
Originally Posted by ronmil:
I hate that this race got moved to Labor Day weekend from its' traditional October date. I know we have had some weather problems a couple of times, but I have attended many midget races in early October at Tri-City, even before the Gold Crown came about, and always looked forward to the late season event. I won't be able to attend the Gold Crown this year due to other commitments. Hope the Gold Crown moves back to October next year.
Looks like I might attend Friday night after all, but will hit LPS on Saturday, DuQuoin on Sunday...

Ron Miller
indyracer51 (Offline)
  #14 9/3/15 4:20 PM
Payton Pierce in BCi #39C
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #15 9/3/15 8:58 PM
Ron wouldn't you be better off driving wise and such to stay & attend both nights of the Gold Crown then go to Duquion?

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
wrtracing (Offline)
  #16 9/3/15 9:59 PM
Really looking forward to the Gold Crown. The Gundakers do a fabulous job of putting this show on. I hope every race fan gets out and supports this great event!

WRT

There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.

Christopher Morley
4 Likes: billwill, jim goerge, SpfldMile, stealth43k
ronmil (Offline)
  #17 9/3/15 11:56 PM
Well, now it looks like I won't be attending the Gold Crown on Friday night due to a problem with my car's steering and the lack of availability of my wife's car.....

Ron Miller
ronmil (Offline)
  #18 9/4/15 2:19 PM
Originally Posted by Dirtfan:
Ron wouldn't you be better off driving wise and such to stay & attend both nights of the Gold Crown then go to Duquion?
Yes, but now I'm not attending any of the Gold Crown because of a problem with my car, and Earlene has to use hers this afternoon. So my itinerary is as follows: Friday: Haub Steak House; Saturday: LPS; Sunday; DuQuoin
Have some pretty serious steering issues with my Aurora and it can't be fixed before the weekend, so I'll just have get updates on the computer tonight. Hope Kevin moves the Gold Crown back to October next year; every freaking track in the universe is running this weekend.

Ron Miller
dkdorkboy (Offline)
  #19 9/4/15 7:16 PM
26 midget 23 410

Ancient wise man say man who get into race for free never see bad race.
addictedtodirt (Offline)
  #20 9/4/15 9:14 PM
Heats were tight racing. Qualifiers were good racing too. Don't know the passing point system, but show has been good!