IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016
8/26/15, 11:00 AM   #21
Re: USAC wish list for 2016
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc/rider View Post
USAC/BOSS combined show,border war kinda race.USAC/POWRI come together on some shows.
Agreed. For the midgets, more USAC/ARDC & POWRI co-sponsor shows. Pennsyltucky midget races were great... good car count when they work together
Bring back Ultimate Challenge in Iowa
Nebraska races in April/ May not same weekend as New Orleans Jazzfest! (I know this doesn't matter to most folks beside me!)
NO SERIOUS INJURIES OR FATALITIES!!!!!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/26/15, 11:10 AM   #22
John P Huss

Midgets-Sprints-Champ Dirt Cars
at West Liberty,Iowa.
Best Regards,
John

8/26/15, 11:35 AM   #23
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I only agree with one. A Paragon race.

Id like to see Non transfers through the heats start behind the 16 who did regardless of their QT.

Why replace burg midget week? Just add one at Haubstadt

Champcar, One more dirt mile, Maybe two if Syracuse is getting dumped after this year.

I think Haubstadt did hold the Hut Hundred a few years ago
If your going to add, let be Plymouth Speedway. The usac midgets put on a great show there!

8/26/15, 12:12 PM   #24
Fred Zirzow

Race Count This Year: 65
Race Count Last Year: 49

Bring back the Put 100 instead of Hut 100.

Buckeye Nationals USAC/ARDC and just run Boss on the sprint car side.

3 members like this post: bighd0522, oppweld, stealth43k
8/26/15, 12:20 PM   #25
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
USAC's sprint week show on Sunday is specifically due to the Napcar race at Kentucky. Which is run on Saturday.
Really? You mean someone wasn't looking at the logistics of race teams, fans etc being able to have two races within in 30? miles of each other on consecutive nights?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

8/26/15, 2:25 PM   #26
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Really? You mean someone wasn't looking at the logistics of race teams, fans etc being able to have two races within in 30? miles of each other on consecutive nights?
Lawrenceburg was on Friday night (ISW opener) for a few years and then off to Gas City and Kokomo Saturday and Sunday to save travel. When the inaugural Cup race at Kentucky happened and it was the same weekend as the ISW opening weekend, Lawrenceburg requested a move to Sunday and got it.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/26/15, 2:38 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
There was some wheeling and dealing between the sprintweek date and midget week date. IDK why When midget week started it was like a Mon-Fri deal and Lburg was on Monday that was well before Rudisell

Sprintweek, Only Bloomington's been on the schedule every year since it's inception. Many dates and tracks have switched around.

I remember driving to Kokomo for ISW the first year KY had the sprint cup. About noon I heard on the radio. If your not already on 71 south off of 75. YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE IT. I laughed my tail off. Got to Kokomo about 1 and had a hell of a good time.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/26/15 at 2:43 PM.

8/26/15, 4:53 PM   #28
Missouri boy

Two night show at Lakeside Speedway on Nebraska swing first night sprints next night Champs

2 members like this post: Kansasdirtfan, oppweld
8/26/15, 5:24 PM   #29
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
These wish list posts crack me up. If Haubstadt wanted the Hut Hundred, they would still have it. Other tracks mentioned if they were interested in a race could have one. They are not interested.
Hey buzz kill, thanks for your insight and contribution to the discussion. Some fans just want to share what they wish they could see next year, which is usually pretty positive (a rare find among so many discussions). Not all of us know everything quite like you do, but most of us are intelligent enough to know that a lot of what we would like to see could happen if a promotor, sanctioning body, and enough fans want it to.

I'd be interested in a USAC race at Montpelier, and more late model races in northern Indiana.

2 members like this post: Beinthecircle, oppweld
8/26/15, 5:37 PM   #30
flagboy55

I would like to see a 4 crown type event at Hartford to start the season. The 4 crown at Eldora, my favorite event of the year, is the best way to wrap up the Midwest season, why not start it with one? The silver crowns would be awesome there.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016