IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
STARS Racing (Offline)
  #1 7/28/15 10:16 PM
POINTS LEADER GREENUP SEEKS 4TH STARS WIN IN 5 RACES
By: Michael J Guglielmucci
Morris, IL—As the month of July comes to a close, D’Arcy GMC STARS National Midget points leader Brad Greenup looks to continue on the hot streak he has been on through the first four races. Greenup looks to become the fourth driver in STARS history to win four or more races in one season. A feat currently held by defending champion Austin Prock, 3-time champion Jim Anderson and the all-time wins leader Kyle Hamilton. “I have always looked up to Jimmy since I first got in the seat of a national midget. I tried to model myself after him on and off the track. I feel he is one of the best drivers I have raced against and to have my name on any list next to him would be an honor. Jimmy, Kyle, and Austin you knew would be the ones you would have to hold off or pass to get a win so to accomplish something only those three have done would be a great achievement for me,” said Greenup about joining the list of four time winners.
Greenup currently holds a 28 point lead over Tyler Baran heading into Saturday’s half way point. “I’m lucky to be only 28 points behind,” said Baran. “I feel like we are close and have the speed to win any night, just need lady luck to come to our side.” “The tough part about this season is that each night there are contenders up and down the pits that can win on any given night. To win the championship will be a survival of the fittest and consistency will be more important than ever. We can’t afford a bad night,” Baran added.
The second half of the STARS season kicks off this Saturday, August 1st, with the gates opening at 4:30 pm. First race will take place at 6pm. For more information on the D’Arcy GMC STARS series, log on to www.shorttrackauto.com, Like them on Facebook, facebook.com/shorttrackauto, or follow them on twitter @shorttrackauto.