IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW..
7/9/15, 11:57 AM   #1
Terre Haute ISW..
chathamracefan

Thinking about driving over from Springfield IL for the race at the Action Track. Just to confirm, they are on eastern time, correct? Also, is anything else running that night?

Any tips on the best way to go from Springfield. Never been there before. Thanks!

7/9/15, 12:12 PM   #2
Re: Terre Haute ISW..
Nut'n but Dirt

Yes Terre Haute is on Eastern time. During sprint week, all tracks are held to having one support division. At Terre Haute, my guess is that it will be modifieds.

7/9/15, 12:47 PM   #3
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut'n but Dirt View Post
Yes Terre Haute is on Eastern time. During sprint week, all tracks are held to having one support division. At Terre Haute, my guess is that it will be modifieds.
Bloomington has Mods and Racesaver Sprints scheduled on ISW night. But, yes I think Terre Haute is just mods.

7/9/15, 1:04 PM   #4
Bill Angel

I think the best route would be I72 to I 74 to exit 4 in Indiana that will be rt 63, go south and rt 63 will join US 41 on the north side of Terre Haute. Stay on 41 and go about 1 mile past I70 and the track will be on the right. There are shorter routes but this has the best roads and is the quickest.

7/9/15, 3:03 PM   #5
illinifan

Race Count This Year: 10

Mr Angels route is the same one we take from Springfield all the time, I get off at 3 and even with the time change I still make it there in time for a couple time trial runs and all the heat races, but I have not been there during the fair so I don't know what the parking situation is?

7/9/15, 7:47 PM   #6
SDHill89

I used to take 36 straight across because it's shorter but it takes longer so lately I've been taking the route Bill Angel said. The drive over is totally worth it. Sprint Cars at Terre Haute are awesome. The fair is going on so there will be a parking fee after 4 I think. There's a lot of good seating but personally I like the bleachers towards turn 4.

7/9/15, 9:18 PM   #7
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by brsteg View Post
Bloomington has Mods and Racesaver Sprints scheduled on ISW night. But, yes I think Terre Haute is just mods.
As I understand it, Blmgtn will have USAC Sprints & 305's (Racesavers), don't understand why they dropped the Modifieds, no offense to the 305's but Modifieds would bring a bigger car count.?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Last edited by Dirtfan; 7/9/15 at 9:25 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terre Haute ISW..