IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #1 7/3/15 1:21 PM
This will be the thread that you put your nominations on, for tonight's "Driver That Put On The Best Show" Award that Brian Hayden initiated. You can begin nominating drivers after tonight's show is over. I'll put a poll up tonight, based on the nominations and you'll be able to vote up until noon tomorrow. If you want to contribute, talk to Brian, Shondra, Joe or myself, tonight. I think this multi-day show, that was a dream of Bill's, has the potential to be one of the best racing events ever, at LPS. If it lives up to the spirit of the man it was named after, we're all in for a heck of a show!!

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
9 Likes: dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan, racegal, rclaridge, SprintManDave
brian2h (Offline)
  #2 7/3/15 1:41 PM
thanks jerry as of now we are over 600 bucks and a rrear tire! the award is called the bill gardner hero award. his presents will defanatly be felt this weekend he was so humble and never realized how many people he has touched.
6 Likes: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, Jerry Shaw, jim goerge, Mrs G, Pat O'Connor Fan
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 7/3/15 1:51 PM
Yeah, Brian we both know that Bill deserves having an event of this magnitude named after him and all the good things that are going to be said and thought about him this weekend, but we also both know it would piss him off that such a big fuss was being made over him. LOL His humbleness was one of the things that made him such a great guy, though.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
14 Likes: 2HWrench, dirt330, DirtHawk92, dirt_trackgurl006, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, mc/rider, Milly, Mrs G, mtek56, Pat O'Connor Fan, racephoto1, ryan84
stealth43k (Offline)
  #4 7/3/15 5:03 PM
I have 50 I would like to donate from selling iow decals who do I get this to
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Charles Nungester (Online)
  #5 7/3/15 5:30 PM
I think this is cool as all heck and than Brian and Jerry and others who donate.

HOWEVER, ONLY NOMINATE AND VOTE IF YOU ATTENDED!
ITS ONLY FAIR!

Charles Nungester
5 Likes: DirtHawk92, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, Scott Bradley, stealth43k
stealth43k (Offline)
  #6 7/3/15 6:24 PM
Gave the 50 dollars to donate to the hero award to mrs g thanks to all who bought decals
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Danny Burton (Offline)
  #7 7/3/15 6:31 PM
$700 + and a right rear tire was what I overheard so far.

http://www.hoseheads.com/dannyb.html

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.
5 Likes: dirt_trackgurl006, jim goerge, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan, SprintManDave
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #8 7/3/15 8:55 PM
I think it's increased some more and in my opinion this thing is still wide open. He who is the most "elbows up" in the feature will probably get my vote.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: jim goerge, Panama, Pat O'Connor Fan
Panama (Offline)
  #9 7/3/15 8:59 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
I think it's increased some more and in my opinion this thing is still wide open. He who is the most "elbows up" in the feature will probably get my vote.
Mine too Jerry!
3 Likes: dirt_trackgurl006, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
mike mcghee (Offline)
  #10 7/3/15 11:01 PM
Where do we vote?