IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou or Short ?
6/8/15, 4:03 PM   #21
Re: Ballou or Short ?
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Every race night there is one guy better then the 20+ other racing that night.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, dshort36, jim goerge, PJ Wright
6/8/15, 6:54 PM   #22
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Easy answer for me for the past 20+ years and will still whoop ya on any given night. Jon Stanbrough. DD.s probably been most consistent for the past ten years USAC wise or not.

Roberts on a tare no doubt. Good for him! I kinda thought we only seen flashes back in 08-09 what he was capable of. Now we're seeing weekly
Agree with you on this Chuck. The Darlands, Stanbroughs, Hines, Cottles, Coons, etc. may not win every night but through the years they are more often than not in there at the end, winning, or with a good finish and their equipment is ready to go the next night. Plus, they didn't run over anyone to get there. I put Brady Short in that same category. He has won all over the region but chooses to run closer to home, obviously for his own reasons. He doesn't need to justify his schedule to anyone.
Can't deny Ballou is on a roll such as we haven't seen for a while and I wish him continued success. I see no reason to choose one over the other, but just to enjoy the successes of both.

6/8/15, 7:00 PM   #23
Hammer down

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Every race night there is one guy better then the 20+ other racing that night.
Exactly....thank you. I don't understand why if you follow usac it's the top of the game...best drivers. We race Robert and Brady if not both, one of them every weekend. There is a lot of talent outside of usac. Until someone pays for my stuff to go to Kansas and Pa, Ca...ect, and rain out with no rain, Il stay in Indiana. Great people great racetracks. It's sad people can't understand that if a car/driver is running points other than usac, they have no talent or there's no competition for Brady. We're in the top 5 in mscs, so we'll keep chasing the 11p till we get one. Don and Brady are good people and have if figured out, as does Robert.

6/8/15, 8:13 PM   #24
ThePurple73

I have always had such respect for drivers like Gary B, Tom Bigelow, Larry Dickson, Rich Vogler, Sheldon Kinser and others winning in Sprint, Midget and Dirt Champ Cars. I've been watching the next generation, Dave Darland, Jon Stanbrough, Tracy Hines, Jerry Coons win and compete in the USAC classes which now seems like "since Hector was a pup".
So to see Robert Ballou start to run well with these guys repetitvely, really means something in my book.

It's great for Brady Short and the excitement he and all the Indiana sprint drivers have garnered in recent times. People are paying attention, they know you can race, and appreciate it! Keep it up!

1 member likes this post: dshort36
6/8/15, 8:53 PM   #25
i love dirt track racing

I love dirt track racing.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/8/15, 10:13 PM   #26
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Geez....Brady or Ballou? POWRI or USAC? Bloomington ice cream or Dairy Queen? Can't we just celebrate the best of both worlds and call ourselves lucky to have the best ice cream, er, racing in the U.S.?? 🏁😜🍦

6/9/15, 12:14 AM   #27
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Geez....Brady or Ballou? POWRI or USAC? Bloomington ice cream or Dairy Queen? Can't we just celebrate the best of both worlds and call ourselves lucky to have the best ice cream, er, racing in the U.S.?? 🏁😜🍦
And there we have it from the ice cream Queen lol See ya guys Thursday

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, wildman92
6/9/15, 4:00 AM   #28
flagboy55

I got to chime in one last time. Absolutely no slight to Brady, he's great, I love watching him race, but people, the question was this year who's been better. Those of you trying to suggest that Short, or even t-mez are having a better season are speaking from the heart instead of your head. I counted 16 usac races run this year, and he has won 7, almost 50 percent, from Kansas to New Jersey. To me that's pretty freaking amazing!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Ballou or Short ?