IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton rolls in Toledo with high confidence
4/23/15, 1:38 AM   #1
Kyle Hamilton rolls in Toledo with high confidence
Task Force

KYLE HAMILTON ROLLS IN TOLEDO WITH HIGH CONFIDENCE
By Zach Tasker

The much-anticipated start of the 2015 USAC Silver Crown Series is nearly upon us. On Friday May 1 the open wheeled warriors will do battle at the Toledo Speedway in Ohio for the Hemelgarn Racing/Super Fitness Rollie Beale Classic. Danville, Indiana native Kyle Hamilton, who is tentatively planning on running the full 2015 slate of Silver Crown races, is relishing the chance to compete on the ˝ mile paved oval.

“The professor” is coming from a pavement background and will visit many dirt tracks this year that he has never competed on. The fact that the 2015 season starts with a track very familiar to him helps his confidence heading in “The first race being on pavement is nice for me because it gives me a chance to get back behind the wheel in something familiar at a track I have experience at. By the time the dirt races come up, I will have had time to get back into the swing of racing consistently and ready to take on the challenge of dirt racing.”

The driver of the #33 6R Racing/Jet Star/Curtis Motor Sales/Simpson Racing/Advance Racing Suspensions Beast/TRD Toyota is one of many strong contenders already entered for this 100 lap classic. “I really like Toledo because of how fast it is. It reminds me of a scaled down Iowa Speedway with how much corner speed you carry. I have the midget track record there so hopefully that speed helps me lay down a decent lap in qualifying on May 1st at Toledo.”

Practice gets underway Friday May 1 at 6pm, with qualifying at 7:15pm. Racing will begin shortly after 7:30pm. It will be an all open wheel show as the USAC HPD Midwest midget series and the Northwest Ohio quarter midgets are also on the card. For live updates on the team’s progress throughout the season, follow Kyle Hamilton Racing on Facebook.
Attached Images
toledo ariel.jpg (35.2 KB, 50 views)

1 member likes this post: Puppy
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Hamilton rolls in Toledo with high confidence