IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day
2/18/15, 8:22 AM   #21
Hammer down

We brought down 2 cars, checked weather and got here Monday night to beat the storm. Looks like we will loose 500 tickets.
Maybe they should flip flop and run east bay. We'll do bubbas another time. Maybe......

2/18/15, 11:11 AM   #22
Re: Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day
duel

If I were going I would be upset until Friday. That cold weather will keep a lot of locals home probably watching the Daytona twins. Look at Thursday as a rain out. Go to the twins or enjoy practice.

2/18/15, 12:33 PM   #23
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 85

Thanks admin. Even though we are down here I don't know if we would have checked before heading up to
Bubba on Thursday. Will alter our plans and head over to East Bay for 360's on Thursday and probably Bubba Friday and Saturday. Heading home on Sunday so that race is out. Thanks again.

2/18/15, 1:29 PM   #24
richie

The temperature at 8pm on Thursday night in Ocala is projected to be 34 degrees. After 10pm, the temps will dip into the 20s. I admire fans who would sit in temperatures like that to watch a sprint car race. That is truly dedication! However, there are not enough people who would brave those temperatures and sit in the stands for 4+ hours. That is pretty much the bottom line for all parties involved.

The practice is happening on Thursday because it is not a day that is dependent on fans buying a ticket and sitting in the stands. Whether it is rain, sleet, snow, or freezing temperatures, weather can mess up plans from time-to-time and that's why this Sunday was planned in advance as a "weather date" in case this type of thing happened.

Whichever show you guys go to this weekend, have fun. It promises to be a great show at Bubba Raceway Park on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. See you there!
Last edited by richie; 2/18/15 at 1:30 PM.

4 members like this post: fish, Fred Zirzow, racefan20, Task Force
2/18/15, 1:38 PM   #25
JstAbvVMC

Probably a good move by all parties. After they lost one night last year and all of the $$$$ plus the thought of more $$$ lost this week it seems like the best solution. If Bubba looses too much money every year he might not be willing to support USAC again next year and USAC won't go to FL for only one race.

I know it is a pain for some from Indiana, but it's mostly the locals that will be putting their butts in the seats and footing the bill down there. The locals need to show up to pay for the show and they may not be as hardy as the Indiana folks are. Remember it is FLORIDA for gods sake, it's not like they live there because the like the cold weather!!

Besides, I bet if you asked the teams and drivers they prefer to have a solid night of practice night to start off the year. And the teams don't care how cold it is, THEY ARE RACERS…

2/18/15, 5:07 PM   #26
1021gpa

What a beautiful sunny day in ocala Florida

2/18/15, 6:09 PM   #27
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Good call. You can't expect to race in those temps and it's awfully nice that they have an extra date to run. They had a rain out last year. People should have planned on staying till Monday. I learned that lesson a long long time ago when traveling a long distance to a multiple night race with a rain date. These rookie fans will get over it.

1 member likes this post: fish
2/18/15, 6:40 PM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

If you come from Indiana where temps have been below zero a few times. 28 is cold but not freezing cold.

If your from Fl thats ten below to those folks.

2/18/15, 6:47 PM   #29
1021gpa

[QUOTE=ThrowbackRacingTeam;406272]Good call. You can't expect to race in those temps and it's awfully nice that they have an extra date to run. They had a rain out last year. People should have planned on staying till Monday. I learned that lesson a long long time ago when traveling a long distance to a multiple night race with a rain date. These rookie fans will get over it.[/QUOte
not sure about you but some of us work for a living and only get week off and have to be back to work on Monday and I am no where near a rookie fan ...I drove down here last Saturday watched world of outlaws at Volusia and to watch usac at bubbas ...but can someone please explain to me why they are not gonna practice tonight? track? temps or? I am setting in motel room in Ocala and its pretty damn nice outside

1 member likes this post: speed bump
2/19/15, 4:40 PM   #30
BrentTFunk

I'm down here, and although I am disappointed, and it is going to cost me more money, I still think it was the right call. Just for the record, I drove right by Vousia on the way,and did not even consider turning in. For the record, it is cold down here.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, duel, fish
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day