IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford Speedway, Michigan: 2015 Schedule now posted.
2/16/15, 9:27 AM   #1
Hartford Speedway, Michigan: 2015 Schedule now posted.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hartford Speedway
Hartford, Michigan
2015 Schedule now posted. Link below.
410 Non-Wing Sprints August 14th 2015
http://www.hartfordspeedway.net/event-schedule/
Last edited by nathans1012; 2/16/15 at 9:37 AM.

2 members like this post: EBookerFan, Stevensville Mike
2/16/15, 10:49 AM   #2
Re: Hartford Speedway, Michigan: 2015 Schedule now posted.
Stevensville Mike

An All Star/SOD night, three more SOD events, one Michigan Traditional Sprint race, and a slew of mods and late models shows, including one being ALMS. A nice set of events.

I honestly wish they would just run open sprints every Friday Night, though, vice trying late models again, but it is not my dog in the fight. I hope they are prosperous in the 2015 endeavors. I'll be on tap for a few.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, Spi-nex, spicoli
2/16/15, 11:09 AM   #3
Stevensville Mike

I just now noticed that the 7/24 All Star/SOD date at Hartford is the night before the big combined SOD/NRA race at Butler. They ought to have a boat load of sprinters at Hartford for that one, especially if some of the NRA heavy hitters show up both nights.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, Spi-nex, spicoli
2/16/15, 11:28 AM   #4
Spi-nex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
An All Star/SOD night, three more SOD events, one Michigan Traditional Sprint race, and a slew of mods and late models shows, including one being ALMS. A nice set of events.

I honestly wish they would just run open sprints every Friday Night, though, vice trying late models again, but it is not my dog in the fight. I hope they are prosperous in the 2015 endeavors. I'll be on tap for a few.
Do you think there is enough Sprinters around the area to support running them weekly? Butler is an obvious place to look at, but I wonder how many would actually support running a half mile weekly? Probably about the same as the Late Models...

2/16/15, 11:43 AM   #5
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spi-nex View Post
Do you think there is enough Sprinters around the area to support running them weekly? Butler is an obvious place to look at, but I wonder how many would actually support running a half mile weekly? Probably about the same as the Late Models...
Probably not. The guys who run Butler run Butler and pretty much no where else. When Hartford was at its best sprint car count wise it was the late 90s. They were drawing them from Ohio. Plus, the GLOSS series was running and that brought in good 410s like Boston Reid and an even younger Kraig Kinser. Even back then, it seemed like the cars that showed up at Hartford were not the cars that were showing up at Butler.

But, you start waving around some big bills, like $1500 to win, you will start getting some attention from the racers. We'll see if the late model guys bite.

Either way, good to see Hartford up and running at a full throttle again.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, Spi-nex
2/16/15, 12:06 PM   #6
treecitytornado

$1500 to Win is not near enough for a Winged Car purse on a half mile.

2/16/15, 12:38 PM   #7
monkeyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
$1500 to Win is not near enough for a Winged Car purse on a half mile.
1500 isn't near enough pay for any size track.

1 member likes this post: Racer12
2/16/15, 2:04 PM   #8
Stevensville Mike

Although Hartford might be a bit more taxing on the cars, Butler pays $1000 to win for their weekly sprints and they usually have decent fields come Summer time.

2/16/15, 7:42 PM   #9
Spi-nex

For me personally, yes I work for Hartford, but the race fan in me doesn't want to see the same thing every week. I know there are Sprint Car tracks, Late Model tracks, Mod tracks, Micro tracks, etc etc. However in this day in age where half miles are rare and precious, I believe being multifaceted in a yearly race program is key to keep things fresh. Lets face it, half miles aren't everyone's cup of tea (driver and fans both). So rather than running the same exact program week in and week out, offering a sampling of everything the region has to offer throughout the year helps bring as diverse of an audience as possible. So far the formula has worked out pretty well.
Last edited by Spi-nex; 2/16/15 at 7:43 PM. Reason: 'Dat grammar...

2/17/15, 1:02 AM   #10
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Hope you guys get a good field of cars for the Michigan Traditional Sprints show. Would be great to see a few Indiana drivers show up for that 410 Non-Wing Sprints on August 14th.

4 members like this post: MTS, rapid robert, Spi-nex, Stevensville Mike
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hartford Speedway, Michigan: 2015 Schedule now posted.