IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How old is old enough?
2/9/15, 11:05 PM   #31
Re: How old is old enough?
smith19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Wonder what Mark has planned for the future now, he has stated only dirt races in his future? Bob
bob his partner in the car business is a guy named landers. his son is jared landers on the lucas oil late model tour. jared was a big winner in the mods before that but has had a lot of problems getting going in late models. so mark and Jared's dad hooked up and sponsored scott bloomquist and bough multiple cars from scott. so now they are teammates. mark said on Sirius radio today that that's all he plans to do is go watch jared race the late model. he was in Georgia over the weekend for 2 shows...end of story.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
2/9/15, 11:22 PM   #32
TQ29m

Thanks, Chris, I remember the Blomquist part of it now. I've known Mark for many years, he once drove for a local team, of which I was a part, he and another friend were together a lot in NASCAR, and another local boy was a fabricator on one of the teams, he's going back to his roots. Bob

1 member likes this post: smith19
2/10/15, 12:18 AM   #33
KMS2683

The minimum age to race should be 16 for any class, open wheel or fendered. I do not oppose 18 for sprint cars.

I dont care how much talent you think your kid has, until 16 they should not be in a full sized car. Nothing wrong with mini sprints, karts, legend cars, etc.

I didn't even let my oldest son run a focus midget till 16, then he moved to a full midget at 18 and finally a sprint car at 20. I guess I was a over protective father, lol. I had concerns of moving my youngest son out of the restricted micro class at 13, I could not even imagine putting him in ANY sprint car. My middle son turns 18 this year and I am giving him the opportunity to run the sprint car.

I dont think there should be any exceptions. 16 PERIOD!!

2/10/15, 9:43 AM   #34
smcpherson

This 12 year old everyone is referring to, dad is good friends with Tony Stewart.
The kid is supposedly a Tsr development driver .
Do I think it's a real development deal, no.
He's friend with Stewart , probably gets some equipment and tech help from them but nothing more .
The father has some money and is putting it out there for the kid to race, which is good for the sport, but 12 is to young.

2 members like this post: Barr, mscs20
2/16/15, 11:19 PM   #35
7xCoop

Race Count This Year: 7

If you want to race with adults, then you should be 18. Because the lack of education in quarter midgets today, they need to be old enough to take an @ss whooping when they junk somebody's stuff.

6 members like this post: HurstBros0, K9Racer, mscs20, oljonesy, racer5c, spicoli
2/17/15, 11:03 AM   #36
ocalabob

Does anybody remember Speed Allen at the Little 500,he was 10

2/17/15, 11:05 AM   #37
ocalabob

Its Bubba's son

2/17/15, 10:21 PM   #38
racer5c

you mean Sport Allen

2/17/15, 10:51 PM   #39
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocalabob View Post
Does anybody remember Speed Allen at the Little 500,he was 10
Anderson Speedway website says Sport Allen was 13 years old as a rookie in the 1984 Little 500.

http://www.andersonspeedway.com/10_n..._back_1984.htm
Last edited by Sandy Lowe; 2/17/15 at 10:52 PM.

2/18/15, 6:46 PM   #40
hoscalecody

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcpherson View Post
This 12 year old everyone is referring to, dad is good friends with Tony Stewart.
The kid is supposedly a Tsr development driver .
Do I think it's a real development deal, no.
He's friend with Stewart , probably gets some equipment and tech help from them but nothing more .
The father has some money and is putting it out there for the kid to race, which is good for the sport, but 12 is to young.
The kid is Bubba's Kid Named Tyler and as of What Bubba says on his radio station is Him and Tyler is really good friends with Tony Stewart. Bubba has even had Stewart on his radio station. Also Tyler does drive for Stewart in TSR Development which as of my research is a real thing.

My opinion is for a full size sprint car it should be at least 16 years of age no younger and for a 410 i would say 17-18 years of age.

FYI I am 17 years of age trying to go to 305 or 360's from 1000cc Upright mini sprints.

This is 100% my opinion, through my research and what Bubba (Owner of Bubba Raceway park which tyler was racing at) said on his radio station.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How old is old enough?