IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl entries
12/8/14, 9:24 AM   #11
Re: Chili Bowl entries
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratso View Post
I will be going for the first time the year, Can anyone give me a tip on parking and what time to be there each day as not miss any of the racing?
If I am not mistaken, hot laps start around 5:30 Tuesday-Friday (Central) and the first heat is at 6? If you're there by 4 you shouldn't have a problem parking. That's about the time I would get there the past two years. Saturday, I believe hot laps start at 11:30am (Central) and the first feature is at noon.

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
12/8/14, 12:40 PM   #12
kasey2020

Get there a little early and take it all in! Buy a pit pass and just walk the pit area for a bit before things begin. That's a great part of this event, so much going on and so many people to see! Enjoy!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Stephen Cording
12/8/14, 1:00 PM   #13
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratso View Post
I will be going for the first time the year, Can anyone give me a tip on parking and what time to be there each day as not miss any of the racing?
I will tell you all that our new brother here is new only to iow.com.

Can someone do two things? 1. Share with him about parking tips, places to eat, etc.?

2. Tell him what a kind and gentle soul I am in real life.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, i love dirt track racing, ISF
12/8/14, 1:35 PM   #14
Ty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
I will tell you all that our new brother here is new only to iow.com.

Can someone do two things? 1. Share with him about parking tips, places to eat, etc.?

2. Tell him what a kind and gentle soul I am in real life.

Rib Crib is a great place to eat if you're a BBQ fan. Ate there a few times last year

1 member likes this post: Manic Racing
12/8/14, 2:29 PM   #15
Kansasdirtfan

Get to the Expo Center early in order to walk the pits. It's a great way to meet and greet, and is one of the most popular features of the Chili Bowl, in my opinion. They'll close the pits around 2:30 or 3:00 and run everyone out who doesn't have a pit pass, but you have all day until then to circulate.

A breakfast spot popular with fans and crews alike is Tally's at 11th & Yale, just a mile north of the Expo Center. Of course, everyone has their favorites, but there's no shortage of places to eat without getting too far away from the fairgrounds. As far as parking is concerned, there's plenty, and it's free, except for the lot in front of the Expo Center. I believe it's still available for an extra fee. Before I began staying at the Inn at Expo Center (adjacent to the Center) I usually parked on the east side of the hotel because it seemed I could get out easier from there after the races.

Whatever you do, come prepared to enjoy the entire event. There's really nothing else like it. And yes, I'll testify that Danny Burton is indeed a kind and gentle soul.

3 members like this post: ISF, John P Huss, rachasin
12/8/14, 5:52 PM   #16
hb56

good bbq just down the street http://www.albertgs.com/ sea food http://www.whiteriverfishmarket.com/

12/9/14, 1:31 AM   #17
Ratso

I would like to thank everyone for the tips on going to the Chili Bowl.

Tom in Texas

12/9/14, 10:13 AM   #18
The Texan

Especially on Saturday, upgrade your tickets to include a pit pass. I believe it is only $15 per ticket to upgrade. You will receive a wristband with your section and seat number on it to get into the stands. This will also allow you to park in the back (North side) and come in thru the pit entrance. Also, you will be able to bring in beer and snacks in a bag or backpack thru the pit entrance and carry it to the grandstands if you go directly from the pits to the grandstands thru the gate by the lineup board/ramp. The $15 you spend on the upgrade will more than make up for itself in the money you save on buying beer at the track. There is some down time for track prep and things of that nature, so being able to wander around the pit area is a good thing.

3 members like this post: AustinSprinter, dkdorkboy, rclaridge
12/10/14, 2:45 PM   #19
John P Huss

Bob- Tally's is excellent.
Best Regards,
John

1 member likes this post: Kansasdirtfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chili Bowl entries