IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Big Willy (Offline)
  #1 5/11/08 1:14 PM
I'll start by saying I am biased when it comes to the Speedway and the Helfrich family but what they were able to do last night was unbelievable. I travel the country and attend racing all over and I can't think of another facility that could have pulled off what they did last night with the weather against them. Not only were they able to get the program in, they made the attempt (burning off extra fuel in all of their vehicles and scapping a b-main for the mods having to pay extra in purse for them) with what looked like to me a less than break even crowd.

The drivers are also to be commended. They lined up with the rain falling and had the confidence in the TSS staff not to put them in a dangerous situation. Patience in the early running (even by the mod drivers) kept the program moving along.

Once again, great job by the drivers of the MSCS, MSCS crew and stafee of the Tri-State Speedway.

Thank you! :applaud:
wideopenwheelie
  #2 5/11/08 2:12 PM
Originally Posted by Big Willy:
I'll start by saying I am biased when it comes to the Speedway and the Helfrich family but what they were able to do last night was unbelievable. I travel the country and attend racing all over and I can't think of another facility that could have pulled off what they did last night with the weather against them. Not only were they able to get the program in, they made the attempt (burning off extra fuel in all of their vehicles and scapping a b-main for the mods having to pay extra in purse for them) with what looked like to me a less than break even crowd.

The drivers are also to be commended. They lined up with the rain falling and had the confidence in the TSS staff not to put them in a dangerous situation. Patience in the early running (even by the mod drivers) kept the program moving along.

Once again, great job by the drivers of the MSCS, MSCS crew and stafee of the Tri-State Speedway.

Thank you! :applaud:
I have to second that. If you asked me at the beginning of the night I would have said they would never get that show in. But little should I doubt the TSS staff. They don't call it the "Class Track" for nothing. :respect::applaud:
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #3 5/11/08 2:55 PM
I agree 110% with the above posts. Helfrich and company did an awesome job of getting the night in with rain all around and threatening to pour at any time.Thanks also to the MSCS staff and to the drivers and teams that were in the "Hurry Up" mode.A couple of on track incidents left IMHO alot to be desired:headbang. Those in attendance should know which ones I am refering to.I told my wife OMG another episode from the Stanbrough/Clayton KISS finale last year was in the making but it wasn't meant to be,not this race anyway.THANKS again to all who helped in any way to make another great event happen at the "Class Track":checkered:

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
Sprint63122 (Offline)
  #4 5/11/08 5:35 PM
Another 350 mile round trip to the Class Track and what can you say they should hold seminars during the winter for other promoters about how to put on a show and the extra effort last night for the rain just one more reason to support the Tri-State Speedway nothing but the best.
Great Scott (Offline)
  #5 5/11/08 5:44 PM
Im still amzed they got the A-main in. Most tracks would have just called it and gone home. Because of their effort and the great racing we have added the June 7th MSCS/KISS race to our schedule of races to attend.
chadsniffsmethanol (Offline)
  #6 5/11/08 7:21 PM
i thought for sure the event was over after the B-main, but of course tommy proved me wrong. perfect first race of the season for me. :respect:
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #7 5/11/08 8:45 PM
Yep, they didn't just "get the race in", they made a really racy track out of what would have been a washout most places. Great work!!!
:applaud:
David Lynch
  #8 5/12/08 4:43 PM
The Class track does it again, Great job Tommy & crew getting the track race ready after the rain shower.
farriswheel (Offline)
  #9 5/12/08 9:49 PM
Originally Posted by David Lynch:
The Class track does it again, Great job Tommy & crew getting the track race ready after the rain shower.
I believe the term used for the precipitation was "a dusting of rain"...a dusting???