IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hhiester (Offline)
  #1 8/28/14 9:41 AM
I am looking to travel to Duquoin this weekend....planning to stop at Putnamville Saturday night.......Driving from Pennsylvania.Anybody in those areas have any thoughts on the weather out in the area....Not sure to make the drive or not.
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #2 8/28/14 10:55 AM
Says 50 % right now for Duquoin Sunday . I'd wait n see. We r going to ascs in moberly mo before we head to Duquoin. 2 days ago chance in moberly was 60% and now it's 20% . I think the pattern is tracking east a little more than they originally thought.
hhiester (Offline)
  #3 8/29/14 6:05 AM
thank you
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #4 8/29/14 8:29 AM
Duquoin rain chance is down to 30% for Sunday n Monday !!!!!!!! It's looking better for racing boys n girls !!!!!
4 Likes: ISF, mowerman, racenut69, racing2bwithu2
racenut69 (Offline)
  #5 8/29/14 7:01 PM
Come on out and enjoy the Fair and the Races!..It is a holiday weekend in IL. Have fun!..

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
ISF (Offline)
  #6 8/30/14 12:48 PM
Du Quoin has a 20% chance of rain Sunday during the day and 0% chance of rain Sunday evening. It's been raining today (Saturday) here where we are camping at Rend Lake which is about 15 miles due East and just a bit North of the Magic Mile. By the looks of the current radar the track could get a bit more rain before it clears out later today. However, we've got nowhere near enough precipitation to cause any problems Sunday evening.

Maybe the track will soak up enough of this rain to make a cushion so the boys and girls can run up by the outside wall like Robert Ballou and company did last year!!

We sure hope so!

Even the taxi cabs (ARCA), who race on Monday, put on a really good show at Du Quoin. It's a great way to spend Labor Day Weekend. We've been doing the Du Quoin State Fair Labor Day race weekend for 20 years now and get as pumped today as we did way back in 1994!!

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #7 8/30/14 1:58 PM
The only ARCA race I see. Worth it to stay both days. This is the one Champ Dirt car race to see. make the drive over you won't be disappointed.
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #8 8/31/14 9:27 AM
Whats the verdict?
sprint38racer (Offline)
  #9 8/31/14 9:31 AM
whats the chances of getting the silver crown race in today ?
miledirt (Offline)
  #10 8/31/14 9:51 AM
Aside from stray random storm, everything looking great for tonight