IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Slow motion video shows what happen.
8/12/14, 9:05 PM   #1
Slow motion video shows what happen.
Indy

Get on you tube watch the slow motion video of the tragedy of Stewart and Ward and you can absolutely see Kevin Ward Jr. grabbing the wing of Stewart's sprinter. He then tries to jump on the nerf bar, misses and then loses his grip and falls into the tire. Very conclusive.

2 members like this post: dctracy79, rdzsprint
8/12/14, 9:18 PM   #2
Re: Slow motion video shows what happen.
2fast4u

Wow!

8/12/14, 9:45 PM   #3
JDONAMO
Inactive Member

Race Count This Year: 6

It's pretty fuzzy , but it looks like he had a hold of the wing like he was riding , and then slipped .

2 members like this post: dstensland, rdzsprint
8/12/14, 10:26 PM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Get on you tube watch the slow motion video of the tragedy of Stewart and Ward and you can absolutely see Kevin Ward Jr. grabbing the wing of Stewart's sprinter. He then tries to jump on the nerf bar, misses and then loses his grip and falls into the tire. Very conclusive.
Come on. Show some respect, please. A driver just lost his life three days ago. The kid has a mother, father and probably brothers, sisters and friends. Myself, it makes me sad when any driver loses his life or is severely hurt. Or hurt at all, for that matter. I saw this video once and it was bad enough at full speed.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/12/14 at 10:38 PM.

8/12/14, 11:41 PM   #5
jawbone

?

8/13/14, 12:23 AM   #6
flagboy55

Jerry, your point is well taken. There has been not enough time taken to give the ward family time to come to terms with this tragedy. However, it seems that there are some sectors that would like to form a lynch mob for Tony. If this video does in fact show what was described in the post, it would clearly absolve Mr Stewart from any wrong doing. Nothing worse than hanging an innocent man. That's my humble opinion.

3 members like this post: sprint72, TQ29m, TQ97
8/13/14, 12:47 AM   #7
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Jerry, your point is well taken. There has been not enough time taken to give the ward family time to come to terms with this tragedy. However, it seems that there are some sectors that would like to form a lynch mob for Tony. If this video does in fact show what was described in the post, it would clearly absolve Mr Stewart from any wrong doing. Nothing worse than hanging an innocent man. That's my humble opinion.
Here's all I'm saying. Tony has good representation. If the evidence shows that, he'll be absolved, legally. But like Joey Woods pointed out to me, he's probably in a private jail right now. The one in his mind. There was something that happened on the track and a young driver ended up losing his life. I saw first hand when Bryan Clauson was hurt at Eldora that he has a soft spot in his heart for young drivers that are hurt. It was amazing the way he stepped to the front, stooped down and comforted BC while they were preparing to extricate him from the wreckage. He put his hands on him and even had him laughing before they pulled him out of the car. The way this turned out has to be torturing that guy. The guy that was there that day.

Pray for Kevin Ward Jr's family. They're devastated right now. But also, think of Tony Stewart. He may be a grouch sometimes, but he's got a big heart and he's helped a lot of people. People that needed it. And I would guess what happened Saturday night will effect him for the rest of his life, also.

Pointing fingers or rewatching videos doesn't do anybody any good. There are plenty of people who will do that in due time.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 8/13/14 at 12:30 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Slow motion video shows what happen.