IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #51 7/3/14 4:20 PM
Shawn it would be better to look at it this way. Money won ÷ money spent = how much in the negative. That is what I would be interested in seeing.
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #52 7/3/14 5:18 PM
I wasn't bashing at all it is a great idea, I know how much money sprint cars cost to run. For most guys to even break even on the night they need $500 at the end of the night. I was just saying I think you would have a better response at $250 a night. I know you can't lower it now as that wouldn't be fair to the ones who have paid. I was just offering my opinion, did not mean to disrespect at all. I know you guys put alot of money into running every night and I enjoy watching all your hard work.
racenut69 (Offline)
  #53 7/3/14 6:39 PM
Owners always spend more than they win..It is the nature of the beast,but what a he**ava drug..

There is always room for one more in the corner! I'm disguised as a responsible adult!...
Michael Carter....
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #54 7/3/14 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by racenut69:
Owners always spend more than they win..It is the nature of the beast,but what a he**ava drug..
I like this very true got to have the latest and better mouse trap. To Shawn and Billy you both are correct DD has by far made the most money but we have had to spend the most money to do that. Hell I used to make BP run at least 2 or 3 night on some tires now I have to use 2or 3 tires in 1 night to keep up whats wrong with this picture. And dont some a-- whole blame it on USAC this is a product of the eviroment we put ourselfs in.
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, fish
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #55 7/3/14 11:16 PM
Softer compounds ?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #56 7/4/14 5:01 AM
Originally Posted by grumpy racer:
And dont some a-- whole blame it on USAC this is a product of the eviroment we put ourselfs in.
I've been told I'm an a--hole a time or 2, but I don't think it's USAC. Lol.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We thought tire rules would save car owners money, and we didn't consider a tire manufacturers need to make money.

Back in the early 2000's the only track using a tire rule was LPS (that I can remember). The old DT3 tire was a much harder tire compared to what is used today. I remember getting 2 or 3 nights (sometimes more) out of 1 RR tire back then.

Have you sold anymore nights during sprint week?

Btw... The record number of views for a thread here on IOW is a little north of 66,000 views. Billy P is in 3rd.

3 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, Mud Packer
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #57 7/4/14 9:47 AM
I think this is a cool idea. I don't think the price is bad. Its my fault I am over extended money wise by Sprintweek
Shawn Harper (Offline)
  #58 7/4/14 9:48 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
I've been told I'm an a--hole a time or 2, but I don't think it's USAC. Lol.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

We thought tire rules would save car owners money, and we didn't consider a tire manufacturers need to make money.

Back in the early 2000's the only track using a tire rule was LPS (that I can remember). The old DT3 tire was a much harder tire compared to what is used today. I remember getting 2 or 3 nights (sometimes more) out of 1 RR tire back then.

Have you sold anymore nights during sprint week?

Btw... The record number of views for a thread here on IOW is a little north of 66,000 views. Billy P is in 3rd.
Bill, does this mean Billy P won't be getting his royalty check? Lol
grumpy racer (Offline)
  #59 7/4/14 9:52 AM
I don,t think we will make the record. Damn it man Lol. Bill to set the facts the dt3 durometers,that hard to spell for a idiot like me anyway,its a 50 the old ht2 we used last year came out at 42 the new med. compound this year is a 48 as you see very close to dt3 so whats changed. I have to think some is track conditions dry slickys eat tires. You can put this on daylight savings time or lack of prep but sometimes locked down tracks make follow the leader races there we can debate that one LOL. Got to go races tonite USAC at Putm. Can someone tell me where to get one of those black outlaw looking hats. I want to wear it at I.S.W so haters know who to boo. I will get DD and Carla white ones can,t boo the good guys you know.
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #60 7/4/14 10:17 AM
Grumpy do u have a brother named stan donnitt on hoseheads ?