IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
7/2/14, 3:06 PM   #41
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Welcome to hoseheads EAST

7/2/14, 3:09 PM   #42
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I guess we're done with that whole " if u don't have anything nice to say idea " ?
Last edited by dirt in ur beer; 7/2/14 at 3:15 PM.

2 members like this post: kundog, Pat O'Connor Fan
7/2/14, 3:27 PM   #43
grumpy racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt in ur beer View Post
I guess we're done with that whole " if u don't have anything nice to say idea " ?
Like I said she's the nice one not me. It is grumpy racer you know.

1 member likes this post: kundog
7/2/14, 4:38 PM   #44
4wheelsinthekoosh

Ahhh Steve Steve Steve. Have you not learned anything from my attempts to try and reason with anyone on here there's a reason I only get on here to check updates now. You might as well brush your teeth with a shotgun instead of trying to tell them facts and truths about what it is really like to race or own one. Here is the number your striving for 42719 and 32377 those are the amount of hits I got in those two threads a couple of years ago. Still waiting for my royalties from Bill G. Hahahaha

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, fish
7/2/14, 6:50 PM   #45
Re: Phillips Motorsports ISW Special
midgy

Steve and Carla are two of the hardest working people in the sport. I have seen this first hand not only during ISW but at any event they race. ISW is a grueling week for ALL teams including drivers, wives, girlfriends, significant others, car owners, officials, photographers and videographers, track workers and promoters and us the fans. Put aside the $500 and just stop and think what Steve and Carla are really doing - they love this sport and wanted to give a fan a chance of a lifetime to share the experience of being on a team, seeing the ups and downs a team goes through during a night and hopefully in the end, rolling the car in the hauler at the end of the night and knowing that they and Dave did the best they could - win or lose. The $500 helps to deter their expenses during this week. Don't bash these great people because you can't afford the $500. Instead, buy them a case of water or Gatorade or give them a fuel card. Believe me when I say even a $25 fuel card can go a long way and be more appreciated than you will ever know. If you can't afford to give money, just go down and thank them after the races for supporting the sport YOU love.

7/2/14, 7:05 PM   #46
racenut69

Believe me,if I was closer to their home base,I would go and donate to the cause!!!!..EVERYBODY CHILL OUT!...I still wanna drink a beer with DD..I met him last year @ Wayne City,but I know he is the "People's Champion" for a reason....If your collar isn't blue then don't talk to me,I'm just sayin!..GO DD!....

2 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, racegal
7/2/14, 7:48 PM   #47
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
Still waiting for my royalties from Bill G. Hahahaha
Check is in the mail along with a 1099.

7/2/14, 11:21 PM   #48
openwheelfan1

It is inconceivable to me that there would be people blasting the Phillips team for trying to raise funds to help fund their participation in the ISW. In another thread here on IOW, there is considerable discussion about the lack of participation by small teams in midget racing and by the small sprint car teams on the "big" tracks like THAT. Here is a team literally racing out of their garage (and catching tons of flak from their neighbors about that too!) that have drug their car to to the East and West Coast over the last two seasons. So for those of you that bemoan the fact that there are fewer and fewer small teams or "hobby" car owners in the sport, I ask you this....Why should they be in the sport if they have to put up with "stuff" like this when they try to be innovative?

7/3/14, 9:40 AM   #49
grumpy racer

Sorry been away had to get cars ready last night worked till11:30 and just could not get back here. Thank you to all the people who get it I love you all. To those who donot Billy P. is right but I'll pass on the shotgun deal. Billy is still the leader in # of wins in 71p so come on DD pick it up LOL. That was a hefty veiw total don't think I can touch it. My old buddy Tim M. let me down he can really stir the pot. Carla bitched me out while she was cleaniing torq ball ,and t- bars last night says I need to stop. I guess she still after literally 1000s of hrs. chasing sponsors hoping to find the BIG one so I need to knock it off Christa thinks I gone fricken crazy. I am passionate about sprint car racing and when thats gone wipe the drool off my face and put me in the ground I,m done. So if I person now gets it mission accomplished if not where is that shotgun Billy. Well got put in another 8 here at work then work on car again for USAC at putnam tomorrow never ends for the people that are living the dream LoL.

7/3/14, 3:30 PM   #50
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy racer View Post
Sorry been away had to get cars ready last night worked till11:30 and just could not get back here. Thank you to all the people who get it I love you all. To those who donot Billy P. is right but I'll pass on the shotgun deal. Billy is still the leader in # of wins in 71p so come on DD pick it up LOL. That was a hefty veiw total don't think I can touch it. My old buddy Tim M. let me down he can really stir the pot. Carla bitched me out while she was cleaniing torq ball ,and t- bars last night says I need to stop. I guess she still after literally 1000s of hrs. chasing sponsors hoping to find the BIG one so I need to knock it off Christa thinks I gone fricken crazy. I am passionate about sprint car racing and when thats gone wipe the drool off my face and put me in the ground I,m done. So if I person now gets it mission accomplished if not where is that shotgun Billy. Well got put in another 8 here at work then work on car again for USAC at putnam tomorrow never ends for the people that are living the dream LoL.
Billy may have the most wins, but who's won you the most money???

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Phillips Motorsports ISW Special