IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > announcers
6/30/14, 1:54 PM   #1
announcers
Deansnuts

Why dont some track announsers keep it goin after the start.They give the lineup and thats it till someone spins or crashes.There has been some real exciting races goin on.They need to add to the excitement,i think..What do you think .

6/30/14, 2:02 PM   #2
Re: announcers
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deansnuts View Post
Why dont some track announsers keep it goin after the start.They give the lineup and thats it till someone spins or crashes.There has been some real exciting races goin on.They need to add to the excitement,i think..What do you think .
I don't care what they do during the race because I can see what's going on. My problem is, I would just like some "down time" from the incessant gabbing and/or loud music on the PA during the breaks!!!!!!.....
Last edited by cecil98; 6/30/14 at 2:03 PM.

6/30/14, 2:04 PM   #3
gtownplowboy

I am a little old school but sometimes I would rather have a little down time on the mike, instead of an announcer rambling on just to be talking. Hard to hear most when the race is going on. Everyone is different. Will take it either way as long as there is good racing.

6 members like this post: dickster, jim goerge, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman, ronmil, spicoli
6/30/14, 2:05 PM   #4
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
I don't care what they do during the race because I can see what's going on. My problem is, I would just like some "down time" from the incessant gabbing and/or loud music on the PA during the breaks!!!!!!.....
I second that!

7 members like this post: bigq11, dickster, erich45, jim goerge, Midget 89, mowerman, spicoli
6/30/14, 2:07 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

I would be happy if they could just figure out how to give the lineups BEFORE the cars hit the track. So many still haven't figured this out yet. Also, they should know what the tracks policy on rain checks. I loved the one who told everyone repeatedly for 20 minutes prior to the rainout, that your rain checks would be good for any race the rest of the season. The track policy is they were only good for the next two weeks.

They seem to think they have to give you ever detail going as far back at the 1940's to tell some cockamamy story most of us could care less about. I have labeled them the "Masters of Misinformation". They love to hear themselves talk and adore the sound of their own voice. Most have no clue of when to just SHUT UP!

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/30/14, 2:17 PM   #6
Panama

Personally for me it's a fine line between enough information and over the top rambling.
I am firm believer in, the folks that paid to get in, came to see and hear about the drivers that are there.
Any downtime could easily be filled with recorded interviews from the drivers in the pits, and make it interesting not the same old blah blah blah.

I can't get this to embed, but you can copy and paste the link, this is fun stuff to fill downtime with. But I dig the heck out Jackslash.com stuff anyway. JMHO

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

6/30/14, 2:25 PM   #7
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

Speaking of that ... I realllly liked announcer at LPS . Who is he ?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, robert gatten
6/30/14, 3:08 PM   #8
4th turn fan

Brad ???? He also announces @ Bloomington on Fridays...Very interesting to listen to...

He think remembers facts & tidbits from EVERY race he has attended.

He does know when to talk & when not to...

I've always been impressed his silence during red flag situations until news of driver is confirmed.

2 members like this post: dirttrackfan, jim goerge
6/30/14, 3:10 PM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I thought that was him at Bloomington but sound system is much better at LPS .

6/30/14, 3:12 PM   #10
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecil98 View Post
Been through this one before. Im in 100% agreement with this and a PA should be hearable. not domineering. I can't even say a word to the person next to me when the PA is blaring.

Even if I think the announcer is top notch and does a great job announcing lineups. It can be just too much and TOO LOUD. Have someone walk out of the booth, go sit near the speakers for five minutes and come back. I bet they say. Dude, cut back a couple notches.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/30/14 at 3:27 PM.

3 members like this post: itsanonwingthing, Mud Packer, SHORTBUS
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > announcers