IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington & Haubstadt
6/17/14, 9:35 AM   #1
Bloomington & Haubstadt
Iowa Sprint Fan

Vacation ends this weekend, so I'm doing the last weekend right. I'm going to the 2 mentioned tracks for both kinds of Sprints. It will be my first time to either of these facilities, so I'm just wondering if there is anything a newbie needs to know. I can't wait to get over there! Thanks for any and all help.
Last edited by Iowa Sprint Fan; 6/17/14 at 9:40 AM.

6/17/14, 9:46 AM   #2
Re: Bloomington & Haubstad
curtv10

Bloomington - You can park inside the gate and go back and forth to your car to get food and beverages, beautiful track so get there before hot laps to see it and pick out your seat early as many will be already selected well in advance of race time. Limited decent hotels that tend to be higher priced so drive south and you will find better rates. Also on your way to Haubstadt

Haubstadt - Reserved seating on the backstretch with the front stretch facing west so the sun can be a bit of an issue until it sets. Get ready for the tractor show as they love to show you all of the John Deer equipment they own at least once a night. Track is a tight paper clip but wide and extremely racy, one of my favorite Indiana tracks. There are a number of hotels just south of the track in Evansville so the drive after the races should be brief. Also Haubstadt is in the Central time zone while Bloomington is Eastern.

I'm also from Iowa so we don't get to see non-wing racing all that often so enjoy the trip it doesn't get much better than both styles on the same track!

6/17/14, 10:01 AM   #3
Re: Bloomington & Haubstad
bigsby

Bloomington - You can either sit in the bleachers, or you can take a lawn chair and sit on the hill side.

Haubstadt - The reserved seating is only the very top section of the backstretch side. There is still general admission seating on that side as well. Most of the parking is on the backstretch side. If you stay until the very end, they open up the pit gates on the backstretch side and most of the drivers will still be in the pits, no pit pass required.

Both tracks allow coolers with beer to be brought in (just not glass.) Both are great tracks.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington & Haubstadt