IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500
5/27/14, 8:01 AM   #51
Re: Little 500
Tom Brewer

Could anyone tell me where I might find the timing data from the transponders on line? I would like to see some lap times as the race progressed.

5/27/14, 8:37 AM   #52
racing2bwithu2

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 63

Go to mylaps.com Lloyd

1 member likes this post: luckybuc97
5/27/14, 9:01 AM   #53
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brewer View Post
I saw that there is supposed to be an award for "Most Improved". Is that for improvement from starting position? If so, it should go to Kaiser and the Speed Chasers car. They moved up 20 spots, more than anyone else. Can't find anything about who got it on the Anderson Speedway web site.
We were pitted right next to them. They did all their stops with hand tools!!! Great job of staying consistent Geoff! Great job by the crew to get the car in and out of the pits as fast as they could. Seeing the excitement of their crew after the race is why I love racing sooo much. Well deserved. They busted their butts and gave it all they had. Great work by everyone working on that car, and of course by Geoff as well!

4 members like this post: fish, interpreter66, luckybuc97, mod4s
5/27/14, 9:19 AM   #54
Tom Brewer

I looked in Mylaps and couldn't find the little 500. What a site, though, results from everyehere! Thanks

5/28/14, 8:35 AM   #55
cmakin

I still can't figure out why Santos was all over the back of Wilson, even though he was many laps down at the end of the race. If anyone is interested, I do have a photo that shows just HOW close.

The other thing that I have not seen any comment on and I figure is worth some kind of mention is AP's front bumper. What's next, chariot wheels?

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
5/28/14, 9:19 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
I still can't figure out why Santos was all over the back of Wilson, even though he was many laps down at the end of the race. If anyone is interested, I do have a photo that shows just HOW close.

The other thing that I have not seen any comment on and I figure is worth some kind of mention is AP's front bumper. What's next, chariot wheels?
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spotter would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans not give Santos credit.
Last edited by 767; 5/28/14 at 3:55 PM.

5 members like this post: Bostonian, interpreter66, Racer12, rockstar5, team3521
5/28/14, 10:00 AM   #57
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spottr would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans nt give Santos credit.
Well, there is "running hard", and there is this:

DSC_7280 by cmakin, on Flickr

2 members like this post: fish, luckybuc97
5/28/14, 10:53 AM   #58
midget64

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmakin View Post
Well, there is "running hard", and there is this:

DSC_7280 by cmakin, on Flickr
If I didn't work for the 98 I would say his brakes faded but they worked great all night

2 members like this post: fish, luckybuc97
5/28/14, 10:55 AM   #59
Honest-Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767 View Post
Why didn't wilson just let Santos go once he caught him? Good spottr would have told him to let him go. It is hard to give BC credit for running hard 4 laps down ans nt give Santos credit.

Santos had pitted for fuel and tires a few laps before this. We know this, as they were pitted beside us. Our spotter was watching the track well ahead of Jacob as to keep an eye out for wrecks. He wasn't watching Jacob. Just as the rest of us, who were watching Jacob, were about to tell Jacob to let Bobby go, the yellow came out.

4 members like this post: 767, BrentTFunk, fish, Photochick
5/28/14, 11:04 AM   #60
rockstar5

It looks bad in the pic and I was watching it close but pretty sure we all have seen him run enough to know that Bobby wouldn't have crashed Jake. I don't think he should have been racing him that hard but Bobby knew who was in front of him I'm sure
Last edited by rockstar5; 5/28/14 at 11:28 AM.

2 members like this post: Bostonian, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Little 500