IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #1 5/26/14 8:56 PM
Just got Jackslash a couple weeks ago and noticed guys in different rides from week to week especially at Kokomo. Darland was in a red #41 (I think) & then last night was in a black 71. Clauson has been in a black 7 and then a #20 last night. Is that #20 still part of Stewart's operation?

Just wondered if ride swapping is fairly current in Indiana sprint car racing. I know Kokomo was paying a little more to win last night so maybe that is what drives it. I come from late model country in central IL & the ride swapping doesn't happen very often around here.

BTW, Jackslash has convinced me that I must go to Kokomo soon. Think I'm going to go to Gas City & then Kokomo for Indiana Sprint Week. Never been, but it looks wild!
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, cwfan08, Jackslash.com
PIT CART (Offline)
  #2 5/26/14 9:03 PM
It's very common the black seven is BC own family car and the 20 is Stewart's . The 71 is Dave's USAC car with Steve and Carla as the owners. The 41 is his non USAC with different owners. If I recall right the 41 team puts T Mez in the car for USAC shows.
I hope this helps
2 Likes: cwfan08, newhart5
reeserx (Offline)
  #3 5/26/14 9:04 PM
Darlands 41 is his weekly ride, the 71 is his USAC car, same with Clauson, the 7 is his own car and the 20 is his USAC car
cwfan08 (Offline)
  #4 5/26/14 9:22 PM
Most guys dont run their USAC rides at a local show unless more money is on the line or they are testing..

Tyler
loudpedal (Offline)
  #5 5/26/14 9:30 PM
The stenslands have two cars, one for t-mez, one for Darland. Each of them, BC, and Darland can't run the USAC cars unless like the person said before me, the race pays more money. Some of the good racers in Indiana have to have multiple rides because they live off racing.
i love dirt track racing (Offline)
  #6 5/26/14 9:36 PM
Originally Posted by cwfan08:
Most guys dont run their USAC rides at a local show unless more money is on the line or they are testing..

Tyler
From i heard last night was a test and tune for east bay swing .
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #7 5/26/14 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info. I have followed the Indiana racing from afar until I decided to subscribe to Jackslash. Hadn't noticed the ride swapping before.
The Riz (Offline)
  #8 5/26/14 10:02 PM
You also have Stockon in his car for usac and the gentry brothers car for non usac races. Chad Boespflug has been in the Hazen 57 for the shorter tracks and his own 98 on the big tracks and tracks further away!
2 Likes: cwfan08, robert gatten
Justigit (Offline)
  #9 5/26/14 11:38 PM
Hope you can make it over for the Gas City and Kokomo Sprint Week races. I am pretty sure you would enjoy both tracks, they have already had some really good weekly races this year and when USAC shows up you will see the best of the best racing.
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #10 5/27/14 8:28 AM
And if you want to see a really great 3 day show go to the Smack Down at Kokomo in August!

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
7 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, cwfan08, dirtnonwingfan, jleme154, mc/rider, rapid robert, robert gatten