IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Dgentry51 (Offline)
  #21 5/9/14 11:21 AM
60% chance on Sat. south of the Ohio river , Im 31 miles north of the track.
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #22 5/9/14 12:13 PM
Wow..............talk about buzz kill. LOL

Thanks for the reply though. I figure I would have to leave my area around 8-9 am. Guess I will watch as the day goes along and early tomorrow.
DAD (Offline)
  #23 5/9/14 12:56 PM
For all of us easterners, they are on central time right. Great going but a bummer getting home.

Honest Dad himself
KYRON (Offline)
  #24 5/9/14 2:56 PM
nebo weather calls for cloudy but ...0% chance of rain....will update again in am
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #25 5/9/14 3:40 PM
Please do an update early tomorrow if you would. Like I said.......if the weather doesn't scare me off.....I have to leave about 8 am.
KYRON (Offline)
  #26 5/9/14 3:47 PM
just heard thru the grape vine Damen Fortune said this event is cancelled for weather reasons..updates to follow
midwest84 (Offline)
  #27 5/9/14 4:05 PM
We regret to inform everyone that this event has been postponed to due weather. We are currently working on a date to reschedule this event. Thank you to all of the sponsors and drivers that were planning on attending. We will be sure to announce the new date ASAP!
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #28 5/9/14 4:06 PM
Just read on their twitter account that everything is still on for tomorrow as of now. You can also sign up for text alerts for Western Kentucky Speedway text WKSPEEDWAY TO 57682

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
Avon Open Wheel fan (Offline)
  #29 5/9/14 4:34 PM
Just was informed the race has been canceled for tomorrow. They are working on a make up date.

Jay Tinder
Media and Competition Director
ILLINI Midgets

www.illinimidgets.com
DAD (Offline)
  #30 5/9/14 6:32 PM
Guess they were using discretion in their decision to postpone the MMSA and still be racing other classes. Thinking about the haul involved for us to race there with a good chance of rain sounds like smart thinking to me, that will prevent us from wasting at least $200.00 in gasoline. I was hoping to look up some old WKU friends that live down there but I guess it can wait for a couple of weeks to do that.

When they see the near midget speed of these things I bet they invite us back again. I can't wait to try that place out.

Honest Dad himself