IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
KYRON (Offline)
  #11 5/6/14 11:25 AM
looking forward to a close race near home. Hope also to try and keep the money in Kentucky. we are now at 50% chance rain Saturday. wishing everyone can make the trip.
Jim Gardner (Offline)
  #12 5/6/14 2:02 PM
Any ideas on a gear to run? 05/06 GSXR1000. Thanks in advance.

Jim Gardner
KYRON (Offline)
  #13 5/6/14 2:35 PM
We going to start with one tooth added to rear sprocket...from brownstown
DAD (Offline)
  #14 5/7/14 1:28 PM
Originally Posted by KYRON:
We going to start with one tooth added to rear sprocket...from brownstown
Ron

You gearing lower than Brownstown?

Honest Dad himself
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #15 5/7/14 2:51 PM
Hope the weather starts looking better.............

My question for someone familiar with the area. What's the best way to get there from the KC area? I don't need the directions to the Mount Vernon, Illinois area........just on from there. Google Earth has me going down a bunch of two lane highways from Mt. Vernon. I hate two lane highways. If I can't run 80-85.......I ain't happy. I prefer to be happy when I reach the track. Besides, the Google path looks like way to many small towns that already have a speeding ticket with my name on it. Is it better to go on to Evanville? Down through Madisonville and double back? Which is the best way? Not necessarily the shortest............the fastest. Plus the safest. Little two lanes make me nervous. Especially at 80-85 mph pulling a race trailer.
KYRON (Offline)
  #16 5/7/14 3:07 PM
Yes, come on to evansville,in---south to madisonville,ky...yes dad, we are gearing lower---2 drag strips, with a high bank turn on each end...could be wrong. Straights like brownstown, but lot tighter turn
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #17 5/7/14 4:49 PM
Weather was looking a little better last I checked.
Bradleyracing86 (Offline)
  #18 5/8/14 11:17 AM
DAD (Offline)
  #19 5/9/14 9:11 AM
Looks like weather is passing through Madisonville right now, I don's see much south and west of them. Sure wish they could improve on that 30% chance though.

Honest Dad himself
openwheel44 (Offline)
  #20 5/9/14 11:04 AM
Anybody live close enough to the track to be able to here the local forecast? At least off of some station that is close? Looks encouraging that it has been reduced to 30% but is something else supposed to develope as the day goes along saturday?

FYI.............Wonderful weather jerks around here in Kansas City predicted 80% with heavy/severe storms all day yesterday, then changed it to last night. Funny thing..........the east side of KC got nothing yet. Good job people.