IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > no way out 40
3/25/14, 4:00 PM   #11
Re: no way out 40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Several motels/hotels in Seymore a few miles east of Brownstown. Parking is a fairgrounds. Get there early you'll be close to the stands but may have to wait to get out. Parking near the turn four bleachers will get you out quicker.

Food. One line, two registers, Burgers, dogs, Chicken strips and fries. OK, nothing exceptional but its a race track, Remember a couple vendor trailers selling some other things just outside the gate.

Restrooms up above turn one behind grandstands. Don't know if they'll open the turn four restroom or not. Covered grandstand has some obstructed vision with the supports but theres plenty of bleachers in one and just west of grandstand. The turn four bleachers are nice kind of along the push off lane, Long walk to restroom from there.

You pay as you pull in the fairground, Put your armband on and its free roaming except for pits.

Coolers are allowed, Not sure about beer. Don't think they sell it so probably OK. don't remember anyone checking. Most gates are unmanned as I said, You pay as you enter the grounds, Not the track, Track gates (Several) are open.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/25/14 at 4:03 PM.

2 members like this post: luckybuc97, racenut69
3/25/14, 5:58 PM   #12
on_the_hammer

Sunday day race would be great looking at the weather, although it is still early in the week

1 member likes this post: Dirtfan
3/25/14, 8:31 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_hammer View Post
Sunday day race would be great looking at the weather, although it is still early in the week
HUH? I see 55-39 Partly cloudy for Saturday. Lot better than the 33 we had today.

3/25/14, 9:45 PM   #14
racenut69

Hey luckybuc97,I agree with Charles..I was there in 1995 or so and saw "Smoke " wheeling Rayburn's House Car at the Jackson 100,when it was still in March..COOL PLACE,You will enjoy yourselves....It would make a nice Harley Trip,too!!!!..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Several motels/hotels in Seymore a few miles east of Brownstown. Parking is a fairgrounds. Get there early you'll be close to the stands but may have to wait to get out. Parking near the turn four bleachers will get you out quicker.

Food. One line, two registers, Burgers, dogs, Chicken strips and fries. OK, nothing exceptional but its a race track, Remember a couple vendor trailers selling some other things just outside the gate.

Restrooms up above turn one behind grandstands. Don't know if they'll open the turn four restroom or not. Covered grandstand has some obstructed vision with the supports but theres plenty of bleachers in one and just west of grandstand. The turn four bleachers are nice kind of along the push off lane, Long walk to restroom from there.

You pay as you pull in the fairground, Put your armband on and its free roaming except for pits.

Coolers are allowed, Not sure about beer. Don't think they sell it so probably OK. don't remember anyone checking. Most gates are unmanned as I said, You pay as you enter the grounds, Not the track, Track gates (Several) are open.

3/25/14, 10:33 PM   #15
on_the_hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
HUH? I see 55-39 Partly cloudy for Saturday. Lot better than the 33 we had today.
When I looked at weather.com after work today for brownstown it said high of 48 and 30% chance of rain. Your numbers sound better

3/25/14, 10:39 PM   #16
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_hammer View Post
When I looked at weather.com after work today for brownstown it said high of 48 and 30% chance of rain. Your numbers sound better
That's a 70% chance of racing.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: koolaid89, Morin98, scottyCbus, SHORTBUS, Ty
3/25/14, 11:03 PM   #17
treecitytornado

50% chance of rain for Thurs., Fri., and Sat. Is there a raindate?

3/25/14, 11:03 PM   #18
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

I for one hope the forecasts change BC what I am seeing is absolute junk for Thursday on..but there is still plenty of time for it to change to the good although I'm ready for warmer weather with a little more dry conditions this winter has sucked and I like snow lol..

3/25/14, 11:12 PM   #19
racefan20

Weather Underground says high of 48 low of 30 and 100% chance of rain. Still 4 days out but not looking real promising.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3/26/14, 12:09 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

I've never trusted Weather Underground after they screwed me three times with favorable forcast.

Accuweather for Seymore is the same as Cincy Weather for Sat
Plus, minus a degree or two

Weather This Weekend, Mar 28
Next Weekend >

Friday
Mar 28
A couple of t-storms; warmer 61° Lo 41° RealFeel® 63° / Lo 30° more
Saturday
Mar 29
Partly sunny and cooler 55° Lo 32° RealFeel® 54° / Lo 29° more

That being said, A Louisville Station is predicting chance of AM T storm. Partly cloudy with a high of 48* for saturday
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 3/26/14 at 12:13 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > no way out 40