IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City 2014
2/24/14, 6:42 PM   #31
Re: Gas City 2014
Jerry Spencer

I will tell you right now Mel was one of the first people to talk with Josh our first night at Gas City, KISS show 55 sprint cars and he owned a car but still took the time to talk with Josh, Sarah and I making us feel like it was just another night, from that night on we pitted next to his car with his driver John Wolf, the whole team made our first year at Gas City a little easier as did a bunch of people.

What I am trying to say is Mel cares for people and believes in Gas City Speedway to the point he has taken the track under his wing, not sure who will be back from the past as they treated us like gold also but I do know from past experience Mel will treat us all the same with the goal of putting on the best show for the drivers,fans and everybody involved.

We can not wait to roll thru the gates at Gas City in 2014

Jerry,Sarah,Shannon,Josh,Paul,Audrey,Hadly and Sonny Spencer #66j
stida.com / HalfMoon Resturant & Brewery
www.joshspencer.com

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Cjax6x, cwfan08, oldfan49, PJ Wright, speed bump
2/24/14, 7:53 PM   #32
Flatrightrear

They can do what they want. I won't be there.

1 member likes this post: rclaridge
2/24/14, 10:21 PM   #33
PatrickMead#13

Any word on rules yet?

2/25/14, 10:56 AM   #34
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Pat,
I clicked the Facebook link on the track's website and asked there; the response was they aren't affiliated with the track, didn't know antything about the rules and hadn't had contact with the new promoter. So, heads-up, anyone assuming you'll get reliable info for Gas City on Facebook...
I'm going to give one of the contact numbers on the website a call, will report back.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2/25/14, 11:14 AM   #35
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Pat,
I clicked the Facebook link on the track's website and asked there; the response was they aren't affiliated with the track, didn't know antything about the rules and hadn't had contact with the new promoter. So, heads-up, anyone assuming you'll get reliable info for Gas City on Facebook...
I'm going to give one of the contact numbers on the website a call, will report back.
Saw on Facebook yesterday that their page was going to be put in vacation mode because the new promoter had not contacted or assumed the page up to this point. They probably will just open a new page and start fresh. We'll see.

1 member likes this post: Cjax6x
2/25/14, 11:30 AM   #36
jjones752

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickMead#13 View Post
Saw on Facebook yesterday that their page was going to be put in vacation mode because the new promoter had not contacted or assumed the page up to this point. They probably will just open a new page and start fresh. We'll see.
I must've woken somebody up at the Facebook page; wish I could do the same with someone in an actual position to address this topic!

I tried calling the numbers on the website; (765) 674-6135, got a recording saying they were closed for the season, call (765) 499-7003. Haven't gotten through on that number yet, may be a signal issue here at work (shh!).
Tried the second number on the site, (765) 384-7285, it's disconnected.

Maybe someone who knows Mel could let him know there's a couple of guys out here who'd love to know if they can run their Montpelier-legal rides in his Midget series...

2/25/14, 12:26 PM   #37
jjones752

I got through on the (765) 499-7003 line, turns out it's the old promoter's number; he said go to gascityi69speedway.org for the correct contact info; that's the link already published in this thread, where I got these numbers. gascityi69speedway.com is an exact duplicate of .org.
I don't mean to sound impatient; if Mel's as good a guy as Jerry says, I'm sure it'll all get worked out. That being said, posting a schedule on a website with outdated contact information may have been a little premature...

2/25/14, 2:06 PM   #38
Cjax6x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
I got through on the (765) 499-7003 line, turns out it's the old promoter's number; he said go to gascityi69speedway.org for the correct contact info; that's the link already published in this thread, where I got these numbers. gascityi69speedway.com is an exact duplicate of .org.
I don't mean to sound impatient; if Mel's as good a guy as Jerry says, I'm sure it'll all get worked out. That being said, posting a schedule on a website with outdated contact information may have been a little premature...
Mels # is listed under the Race Receiver Post on main page (765) 717-1817

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
2/25/14, 2:43 PM   #39
jjones752

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjax6x View Post
Mels # is listed under the Race Receiver Post on main page (765) 717-1817
Thanks for that info; it is kinda buried. He should probably update the other numbers too, or if the track phone is still valid, at least replace the second (disconnected) number with a valid number that is reachable in the off-season. And update the message on the track phone so guys like me don't keep calling the old promoter...
Last edited by jjones752; 2/25/14 at 2:48 PM.

1 member likes this post: Cjax6x
2/25/14, 2:55 PM   #40
2014 Gas City Schedule!!......
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Sweet,nice!!..make a day & nite of it....get there early...then stay all nite LATE??...Mowerman has got the setup....just bring the House & the Bud with you!!!!!...eh Bob!!........

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City 2014