IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shaft drive mini sprint
1/30/14, 2:19 PM   #61
Re: Shaft drive mini sprint
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Something decidedly funky about this thread, like you guys are saying; when someone adds to it it shows up in the "last 5 posts" column on the home page but it's still buried in the Indiana Open Wheel Forum list on the second page. Not only that, when you read the latest post it says there's 1 more page; right now I'm supposedly on page 7, and theres supposedly a page 8 but when you click on the 8 it just takes you back to 7. It is a good discussion though. maybe that's the problem
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/30/14, 2:23 PM   #62
DAD

Can you hear me now>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

1/30/14, 2:25 PM   #63
jjones752

Dad,
don't be so hard on yourself; I think it's more "limbo" than "purgatory".
How low can you go?
Anyway, Pat started it; it's gotta be that dang #13...

1/30/14, 2:31 PM   #64
PatrickMead#13

I think we hit that g13 classified zone so now it's getting buried.....lol. I started this topic because I have a ton of spares that are paid for sitting so I was going to build something on the cheap. I don't own a business, have a trust fund, or sponsors, so I'm one of those working guys that refuses to accept the "if you can't afford it then go somewhere else" attitudes. It's all about having fun and I have just as much fun tinkering and figuring out a better mouse trap as I do driving. Heck, I'm not going to paint my car this year and do the bare minimum as far as looks go. If I wanna look great, I'll just my helmet off........HAHAHA.

1/30/14, 2:34 PM   #65
jjones752

No good; I've seen you with your helmet off...

1/30/14, 3:27 PM   #66
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
Dad,
don't be so hard on yourself; I think it's more "limbo" than "purgatory".
How low can you go?
Anyway, Pat started it; it's gotta be that dang #13...
Jim

Anybody who knows what a "limbo dance" is is probably too old to "limbo" they might however still be able to drive a race car with the proper support devices.

Honest Dad himself

1/30/14, 3:51 PM   #67
DAD

I guess the point I am trying to make is why should a race car be defined by the way it drives the wheels. Motor size, wheel base, tread width, minimum weight, tire size, safety devices and construction details should be used to define the class. Saying chain drive or prop shaft drive only limits the creative juices in many racers.

Then thinking back to my youth. I watched that little Cooper up at Indy, and thought that is neat the way they do things. Then the Lotus's came and I was won over "yeh change" well looking back with 20/20 hind sight. I sure wish they had outlawed them silly things in the bud and stated front engine race cars only. Indy went from a man's driver's type race to a battle of slot cars as far as I am concerned. So maybe I am way off base wanting to change the two lower classes of open wheel racing into one.

Honest Dad himself

PS>>> this limbo thing started when I tried to edit a post. It wouldn't take the change and just kept going around and around so I hit refresh and it took but it killed the post?

Somebody else try to edit yourt post and see what happens???

1/30/14, 4:57 PM   #68
PatrickMead#13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
No good; I've seen you with your helmet off...
Haters gonna hate......lol

I agree with DAD. If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, who cares how it's feet look under the water.

I'm just wanting to build a cheap car to have as a backup. I just wonder why the rules said it was ok to do a q/c, but now I'm hearing it's not.

1/30/14, 5:53 PM   #69
TQ29m

Now it says page 7 of 10, but it stops at #68, must be all the good stuff runnin around in circles. I've had that problem with editing, but most of the time, it took, it just didn't show up till you hit the refresh button, beats me, I sent a message to Bill about the issue we were having, maybe he's got a fix on it now, even with some stuff missing. I'm thinkin it would still cost ya 5k to build one, but, if it caught on, and provided a place for HA mechanics to start, it'd at least get em started, I remember back when modifrieds first came on the scene, they were touted as an inexpensive way to go racin, you could buy "kits" that would allow you a beginning chassis, and some other stuff, and a big list of other things you would need, and the engine was to be a "slow performance" model, open wheels, just a kinda wedge shaped body, and I was thinkin, now this is something I could do easily, and not even break a sweat, I loved working on SB Chevies, and it sounded like a plan, but you know what, before I got to the end of the list of "other" parts I would need, it had broke out into a full on, 30k car, but, them leeeetle bitty tires were still there, so I went with the TQ, hell, why not, I was setting on the nest, all my old go-kart friends had one, so I jumped on, and have enjoyed most every minute of it, but now my budget has turned on me, and I see guys buyin and not realizing there is more to do than just take it to the track, and add fuel, sometimes, and it's the same with a lot of racers, I know a good friend that put his young lifes savings in a sprint car, and there wasn't a thing on it that wasn't way above the standard, and he rolled it out in the daylite, took some pictures of it, and sold it, reality finally sank in, if he put it on the track, it wouldn't be worth near what he had in it, and if he crashed it, what then, only thing he would have would be both pieces, if it broke in two. Just tryin to say, it ain't a lot of fun, if the farm is at stake! Bob

1 member likes this post: DAD
1/30/14, 6:09 PM   #70
DAD

Bob

I guess all addictions are alike. You start out with just a few hits off of your buddies joint, and before you know it you are sucking up lines of coke and spending all of your pay check and stealing the other half just to keep it up with your addiction..

I kinda of like the skinny tire deal. All the pictures I see of AJ and them other old guys they are racing wheel to wheel on real skinny tires. the cars are all sideways with their wheels hard right just inches from the other racers. Racing speed is relevant. If they are all going about the same speed no matter if they are tricycles or sprint cars it makes for an interesting racing experience for everybody. Skinny Equals cheep?

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Shaft drive mini sprint