IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joliet's SET Racing expanding in 2014
1/19/14, 7:27 PM   #1
Joliet's SET Racing expanding in 2014
SETracing53
Inactive Member

Expansions In Place for Joliet's SET Racing:
By: Aaron Schuck

Joliet, Illinois based SET Racing, who have become a dominant force in the Illini Racing Series with their successful ECOtec midget race engines will expand their operating platform in 2014.

In 2014, SET Racing plans to direct efforts toward an entry in the USAC Traxxas Silver Crown series, one of the prestigious and rich with tradition racing series in the world.

2014 is shaping up to be a promising year for the series with increased car counts expected. Andy Hillenburg has recently stepped into the role of Director of Competition. With his appointment, the series has new focus and direction that may have been lacking in the past few years. “I look forward to the task at hand,” says Hillenburg, “that of preserving the rich heritage of this truly American motorsports treasure, while expanding and enhancing the product. I feel the 2014 series schedule released late December begins that process . . .”

The SET Team is poised and ready . . . “This is something I have wanted to do since the 70’s, but timing and funding were never right,” explains Mark Schuck when asked about how this all came together. “I look forward to adding to this series’ rich history by writing some of our own. Some of motorsports greatest drivers have competed in this series. I grew up watching this series produce top drivers who went on to win the biggest races worldwide. Silver Crown has been a bit down the last couple of years but is back on the way up, and will continue to be for years to come. The SET entry will be a part of this revitalization process.”

Matt Schuck has been named Team Manager. Matt is not new to the game, he has worked on and with open wheel race cars for over 14 years, operating his own midget team successfully for the last 3 years. When asked about the Team’s sponsorship situation, Matt responded, “This expands our opportunity to significantly increase exposure and enhance the brand for both existing and future partners . . . new venues in front of much larger crowds . . . SET Racing looks forward to working with existing partners to take full advantage of this opportunity and to reach out to new prospects in the future.”

For more info, updates, and current events please visit SET Racing online:

www.SETRacingEngines.com
www.facebook.com/setracing
Twitter: @SETRacing:

1 member likes this post: SETracing
1/20/14, 5:57 PM   #2
SETracing

Race Count This Year: 57

We will be accepting driver applications for the 2014 Silver Crown dirt schedule. Send applications to MSchuck86@gmail.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Joliet's SET Racing expanding in 2014