IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
sprntr (Offline)
  #31 12/14/13 11:39 PM
Just a note to anyone planning on attending the June 21st Superior, Wisconsin race.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW. Grandma's Marathon is that same day in Duluth & Hotel space will be in short supply & EXPENSIVE!

See you there,

steiny
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, racegal
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #32 12/15/13 2:09 PM
Originally Posted by Augie:
Maybe it's your turn?
I like Sunday's off!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #33 12/15/13 2:10 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth87:
Not sure of who exactly is running it. I believe Kenny Brown will still be doing the promoting. Sounds like Fireman's Nationals has been moved to 4th of July weekend. Also sounds like IRA sprint cars will be making an appearance this year as well...
IRA? On a Sunday night?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #34 12/15/13 4:20 PM
Originally Posted by sprntr:
Just a note to anyone planning on attending the June 21st Superior, Wisconsin race.

BOOK YOUR HOTEL NOW. Grandma's Marathon is that same day in Duluth & Hotel space will be in short supply & EXPENSIVE!

See you there,

steiny
Can someone fill us in on AMSOIL Speedway in Superior WI? It is rather obvious why they booked it, but what kind of track is it? The track web site doesn't mention banking, size, etc. Do they usually have a track upon which you can pass? Does it produce good racing? Are there nonwing racers in that part of the country? At 580 miles from Springfield, I would like to have a reasonable expectation of good racing. Thanks.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: nathans1012, racegal
racegal (Offline)
  #35 12/15/13 4:44 PM
I'll let Stealth87 take this one. I will say I was there late this fall watching a rare wing and non wing sprint show and there was plenty of passing. Not sure if this is the norm though! Brian gets there alot. He can probably answer better.
Hope to see you there!!!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
sprntr (Offline)
  #36 12/15/13 5:25 PM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
Can someone fill us in on AMSOIL Speedway in Superior WI? It is rather obvious why they booked it, but what kind of track is it? The track web site doesn't mention banking, size, etc. Do they usually have a track upon which you can pass? Does it produce good racing? Are there nonwing racers in that part of the country? At 580 miles from Springfield, I would like to have a reasonable expectation of good racing. Thanks.
http://speedwaysonline.com/track/superior-speedway/

3/8 mile generally quite tacky. Usually excellent racing, though I haven't been there since the lastest Race Director took over.
Closest non-wing Sprint track 100 miles away, but they run what is basicly a B-Mod/Econo-mod motor with a 2-barrel carb.

steiny
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #37 12/15/13 5:59 PM
Thanks to both Susan and Steiny. Sounds like it is worth the trip. Might as well hit all three if I am coming up.

Frank Daigh
staggerman (Offline)
  #38 12/15/13 6:27 PM
IRA winged 410's run Superior annually. The place is always pack and put on a great show. Here is the highlights from this year. USAC will be a great show just curious where they will get any other cars to support the show.

You Tube Video
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, racegal
Stealth87 (Offline)
  #39 12/15/13 6:31 PM
Yup this place is GREAT! Usually pretty wide. Red Clay stays pretty tacky all night. Banking is higher than this video shows. I am SUPER excited for USAC to make a trip to Superior! And as you can see, the fans PACK that place for open wheel shows. Its always standing room only come race time
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, fish, racegal
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #40 12/15/13 8:56 PM
Might end up being a "snow out"