IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Picture of the Day, 31 October 2013
10/31/13, 11:01 AM   #1
Picture of the Day, 31 October 2013
cmakin

Robert Ballou at Perris, 30 October 2013.

DSC_0667 by cmakin, on Flickr

10/31/13, 11:22 AM   #2
Re: Picture of the Day, 31 October 2013
Ty

Robbie Stillwaggon - Utica-Rome Speedway (NY) - 9/7/13
Last edited by Ty; 1/31/14 at 8:55 AM.

10/31/13, 11:34 AM   #3
ilwingless

Ballou at I-96 Speedway in Lake Odessa, MI. Maybe if I post enough pictures of this track on here USAC will come back north. For a race next year

10/31/13, 1:01 PM   #4
kevin05

that would be great.... Mike is going to run sprints every other Friday night next year,,, but wants to go winged 360.... sure would be great if enough people e mailed him and got it changed.. I live 30 minutes from there and would love to be able to run NW that close to home.

1 member likes this post: ilwingless
10/31/13, 7:51 PM   #5
trooper

The problem is A. Very few good quality nw sprints in Michigan B. a Michigan race fan wouldn't know a good nw show if they seen it C. nobody is going to travel to michigan to run.

On another note...I would love to see nw sprints make it big up here but the MTS boys just don't have the equipment/budget of the Indiana boys and it is just not practical for them to travel all the way up here for one race. Pretty much the quality of racing period is sub-par to that of Indiana and Illinois.

11/1/13, 8:17 AM   #6
ilwingless

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
The problem is A. Very few good quality nw sprints in Michigan B. a Michigan race fan wouldn't know a good nw show if they seen it C. nobody is going to travel to michigan to run.

On another note...I would love to see nw sprints make it big up here but the MTS boys just don't have the equipment/budget of the Indiana boys and it is just not practical for them to travel all the way up here for one race. Pretty much the quality of racing period is sub-par to that of Indiana and Illinois.
We know that Michigan tracks aren't up to the snuff of IN tracks. We're not asking USAC to move up here, just to keep one race a year up here. And "Nobody is going to travel to Michigan"? We had a fair amount of USAC drivers come up for the show. Sure it's not the most practical or most convenient, but neither is us driving four hours everytime we want to see a good non wing race. I love watching MTS, but I'll agree it's not USAC. I don't think it is that outrageous to ask for one race a year though.

11/1/13, 10:26 AM   #7
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilwingless View Post
We know that Michigan tracks aren't up to the snuff of IN tracks. We're not asking USAC to move up here, just to keep one race a year up here. And "Nobody is going to travel to Michigan"? We had a fair amount of USAC drivers come up for the show. Sure it's not the most practical or most convenient, but neither is us driving four hours everytime we want to see a good non wing race. I love watching MTS, but I'll agree it's not USAC. I don't think it is that outrageous to ask for one race a year though.
They come all the way t o Wisconsin after all! I just wish they would come farther north!

11/1/13, 10:34 AM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
They come all the way t o Wisconsin after all! I just wish they would come farther north!
That won't happen Susan. Where you live it is frozen tundra year round.. Better suited for ice fishing, snowmobiling and ice racing, in July.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

11/1/13, 11:06 AM   #9
Ty

As long as they keep the Eastern Swing, I will be content. Wish they had two eastern swings a year, but beggers can't be choosers.

11/1/13, 1:19 PM   #10
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
As long as they keep the Eastern Swing, I will be content. Wish they had two eastern swings a year, but beggers can't be choosers.
Amen! I'd love to see them (USAC) bring the Midgets and Champ Cars east too. A two day show at Port Royal for all three would be awesome!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Picture of the Day, 31 October 2013