IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
quicktime3 (Offline)
  #71 9/9/13 12:29 PM
Yeah, if only people like mr nobody actually went and bought a ticket, things might not be so dire.

The better question is, will there be any new owner ever want to join this series again? I'm talking someone who had never seen it before, who didn't grow up with it. Every "newbie" I know who has gone to see a Silver Crown race in the last ten years generally has an opinion somewhere between "This sucks" and "Yeah, that was okay, now let's go watch sprint cars or midgets next time."
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, Jonr
Roy Bleckert (Offline)
  #72 9/9/13 1:42 PM
@ this point , it looks like the only way The Big Cars will survive/thrive is if the Dirt Miles running Silver Crown Cars get put back on the IndyCar sked

If Kevin Miller/Mark Miles @ company do not see the promotional possibilities in this given NastyCars rediscovery of dirt racing & the spark it gave the truckers . Miles said you can not do the same things over & over & hope for a different result

IndyCar & Silver Crown @ present are not working & Dirt Racing on the IndyCar sked is a game changer !
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #73 9/9/13 2:03 PM
Didn't Gulick have one for a year or so, Maybe 2009?

Originally Posted by ossuks:
Great start, I will list a few that I can recall, and some #,s that may need some fill in the blanks:
2 Vance
3 fike
4 contos
6 Klatt
9 east
10 tsr
11 Snyder/foyt
14 Beechler/owner?
15(125) beach
16 lightfoot
17 rw
18 conroy
20 Nolan
22 tsr
23 6r
29 keading
3n1 mataka
32 kazman
33 drinan
37 Indiana underground
50 aviator car
51 gamester
55 bateman
53 fox bros
56 fox
63 Hampshire
66 Gary Hieber
67 zaraniun
69 Hoffman
77 urish/owner?
90 sharon banks
92 hoerner
98 santos
99 seals it
199 santuchi/edwards sp. real bad on this one also had #35 and a 3rd car
I'm in a hurry at the moment, and I will be able to put names with faces as soon as I shut down cp....sorry... just getting old!!

Charles Nungester
Stuch48 (Offline)
  #74 9/9/13 3:08 PM
So whats it going to take to some of these owners with dirt cars to bring them to eldora for the 4crown?
usac99 (Offline)
  #75 9/9/13 3:43 PM
MINIMUM SILVER CROWN PURSE INCREASE FOR ELDORA

TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown participants in the September 21 “4-Crown Nationals” at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio will be competing for the largest minimum starting purse in series dirt-track history!

Last place in the 50-lap feature at Eldora will offer $1,000-to-start, up $300 from last year’s minimum payoff. The victory will be worth $8,000.

The “4-Crown Nationals” will pit five drivers in a last-chance battle for the series crown, which will be determined at the conclusion of the 50-lap race. A total of 66 points are available and just 29 separate drivers Bobby East, Jerry Coons Jr., Tracy Hines, Chris Windom and Kody Swanson. Windom and Swanson are seeking their initial TRAXXAS Silver Crown series championships.

“We are pleased to post this minimum purse increase, which reflects the efforts of all involved to augment this series as we move forward,” says series coordinator James Spink. “We hope this is the first step toward similar increases in the future as we continue to develop the series and re-energize the car counts which have been a challenge during the past season.”

The last time the TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown series offered starting prizes of $1,000 or more was in 2009 at Phoenix International Raceway on the pavement.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, koolaid89, racephoto1, racing2bwithu2
IN RACE FAN (Offline)
  #76 9/9/13 3:55 PM
Does the increase in start money for Eldora make a difference to attract more cars? I hope it does.
mr nobody (Offline)
  #77 9/9/13 4:18 PM
Originally Posted by quicktime3:
Yeah, if only people like mr nobody actually went and bought a ticket, things might not be so dire.

The better question is, will there be any new owner ever want to join this series again? I'm talking someone who had never seen it before, who didn't grow up with it. Every "newbie" I know who has gone to see a Silver Crown race in the last ten years generally has an opinion somewhere between "This sucks" and "Yeah, that was okay, now let's go watch sprint cars or midgets next time."
So lets see if you'll have the ballz to back up that statement. Prove to the IOW community that I haven't went nor bought tickets to a Silver Crown race? Please, the floor is yours to lay your proof out right here and now seeing how you singled me out.
Sprintcarfanatic (Offline)
  #78 9/9/13 9:13 PM
Are these races solely SC cars on the mile nothing else on the card ?? Maybe more double headers on 1/2's.

I was going to go Saturday to Eldora but My Father - in - laws birthday is then & they are having the party at my house. Don't know how many more he'll have as he is getting up there.

Don't even think of him or them coming, They wouldn't know a good race if it bit them in the rear. All of the years I've known him I finally got him to go to 1 about 4 or 5 years ago at Limaland for the Doty.
Jonr (Offline)
  #79 9/9/13 9:53 PM
Originally Posted by usac99:
MINIMUM SILVER CROWN PURSE INCREASE FOR ELDORA

TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown participants in the September 21 “4-Crown Nationals” at Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio will be competing for the largest minimum starting purse in series dirt-track history!

Last place in the 50-lap feature at Eldora will offer $1,000-to-start, up $300 from last year’s minimum payoff. The victory will be worth $8,000.

The “4-Crown Nationals” will pit five drivers in a last-chance battle for the series crown, which will be determined at the conclusion of the 50-lap race. A total of 66 points are available and just 29 separate drivers Bobby East, Jerry Coons Jr., Tracy Hines, Chris Windom and Kody Swanson. Windom and Swanson are seeking their initial TRAXXAS Silver Crown series championships.

“We are pleased to post this minimum purse increase, which reflects the efforts of all involved to augment this series as we move forward,” says series coordinator James Spink. “We hope this is the first step toward similar increases in the future as we continue to develop the series and re-energize the car counts which have been a challenge during the past season.”

The last time the TRAXXAS USAC Silver Crown series offered starting prizes of $1,000 or more was in 2009 at Phoenix International Raceway on the pavement.
This can't be correct. USAC doing something positive for SC?
Vukie (Offline)
  #80 9/10/13 2:52 PM
Results of the 2008 Silver Crown race at Springfield.
http://www.whowon.com/Results.asp?Tr...StoryID=256161