IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tony74 (Offline)
  #11 8/12/13 4:25 PM
If you cut the side walls outta them with a hooked utility knife, you can throw them in any trash can or dumpster. A hundred may take a few hours but its good exercise!
That or sell the tread to anyone needing rubber mats/livestock trailer mats
old timer (Offline)
  #12 8/12/13 8:00 PM
Stack them out front of your house put up a sign fifty dollars choice,in a couple days they will all be stolen so time for new stack!
2 Likes: KENDALLRACING, PJ Wright
Bad Dad 54 (Offline)
  #13 8/12/13 9:18 PM
I've cut the tread part out & My son & I use'm for tree wraps, DNR frowns on someone marking up their trees, using the tree to winch out. Another is to keep spray off the front of your trailer by rigging up a strip under the back of your tow truck. Sell the left over rings for redneck photo frames LOL The idea of selling them & let someone steel'em cracked me up
supdh56 (Offline)
  #14 8/12/13 9:50 PM
Originally Posted by old timer:
Stack them out front of your house put up a sign fifty dollars choice,in a couple days they will all be stolen so time for new stack!
This works, set 2 tires ( 2 tires per month limit} in front of my house and every house on the block. Got up the next day and they were all gone! Good thing as I never asked my neighbers !
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #15 8/13/13 2:21 PM
Originally Posted by jjones752:
Great idea: According to the EPA, "Oil that exudes into ground and surface water as a result of tire fires is a significant environment pollutant. In some cases, this may trigger Superfund cleanup status.
Air pollution is also produced by tire fires. Air emissions may include polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), benzene, styrene, phenols, and butadiene."
Nice way to screw up a joke.

Charles Nungester
5JMOFFATTFAN! (Offline)
  #16 8/13/13 4:53 PM
Wait ... We can't burn tires ? Maybe thats why we wait till dark ..... Hmmm

Posted via Mobile Device
jjones752 (Offline)
  #17 8/13/13 5:07 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
Nice way to screw up a joke.
Sorry, can never tell when Johnny is kidding...

Jim Jones
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
mc/rider (Online)
  #18 8/13/13 5:40 PM
Ive been trying to get rid of just 1 spare tire for 30 yrs,so no answers here

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: Charles Nungester, darnall, KENDALLRACING, PJ Wright
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #19 8/13/13 5:50 PM
Originally Posted by mc/rider:
Ive been trying to get rid of just 1 spare tire for 30 yrs,so no answers here

Posted via Mobile Device
Got a duely so don't complain too much

Charles Nungester
spicoli (Offline)
  #20 8/14/13 12:02 AM
Some cities or counties have annual or semi-annual white goods (fridges and air conditioners) recycling, and they will include used tires.

Call your county office and they'll direct you.

Where I'm originally from, LaPorte, Indiana (up north for all you southerners), the county has twice a year white goods/tire drop off at the county fairgrounds. Now and again they include paints and out of date or no longer used medicines (dropping medicines/scripts down the toilet pollutes the water).

Google tire recycling in your county and you might be able to get rid of them free.