IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is up with Salem
8/9/13, 9:11 PM   #1
What is up with Salem
pjohnson

Anyone know what is up with Thunder Valley in Salem? seen on facebook that they have changed to only three dates left for the year. looks like the place is all but dead sadly. hopefully it will come back.

8/10/13, 12:09 AM   #2
Re: What is up with Salem
Mulvaney

I think it is 5 dates left. every other weekend pretty much till oct. due to car count. need more cars where u been at?

8/10/13, 4:08 AM   #3
pjohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulvaney View Post
I think it is 5 dates left. every other weekend pretty much till oct. due to car count. need more cars where u been at?
That is not what he put on facebook and what he text me with last night. He said they were changing it again and what he showed was one race in August and 2 in Sept. He basicly blamed the racers when i ask him why he changed twice in the past week. 40.00 to win any of his classes wont get you very many racers.I hate to see Salem hurt but its hurting bad. I have been finishing my car and dealing with the horrible aftermath of my surgery but i have been following it all steve (owner of the 10 car) is a close friend.

8/10/13, 2:02 PM   #4
micro94

I wouldnt drive across the street to race for 40 bucks. Wth? Give em somethin to race for dude, come on. You payin the purse outta your weekly paycheck?

1 member likes this post: Mulvaney
8/10/13, 2:24 PM   #5
Mulvaney

yea I don't believe he knew exactly what he was getting in to. how can he blame it on the racer? it takes money and time to make money, and I do believe money is what he is in it for. we have had several new cars come one week and never come back. horrible track conditions and 40 to win ha ha ha. I know we don't race for the money but at least pay for our gas if we win. a lot of people had there opinion of mason but looking back now it makes the old statement true,"the grass aint always greener on the other side". the first week everyone was praising him and every since nothing has been good about it. I have no idea what it takes to run a track so I wont say much but I do believe it does have to be a lot more than what we are receiving from mike. mmsa and btown looking more and more like the future of us next year.
Last edited by Mulvaney; 8/10/13 at 3:47 PM.

1 member likes this post: Copperhead
8/11/13, 11:40 AM   #6
pjohnson

I will either start going to Montpiliar or sell out. Im just about over minisprints which is sad because i have put alot of work in redoing my whole car. I have not been able to drive it because of my leg surgery. He told me by text the other day people dont care about the money he puts in everyweek so we have a place to race. thats how he put it. I have been there this year with my friend they have been there a bunch but now tell they dont know if they are going back. Seems like he is just just trying to get by with as little as possible till the end of the season. Shame it could be a nice place. So at this point i dont know what im going to do to much drama with the rules everyone wants everyone elses car to be illegal but then complain about car counts. My engine runs very well so if i keep it i will go to Montpiliar. but man that is a drive.

8/11/13, 12:26 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

PJ, come race with the MMSA. I think everyone has been really nice and really fair to me all year. I have a CBR1000, which is easily 20-30 hp less than everyone else. I don't care. I go and race and have fun. I got 6th in the feature last night at Brownstown. Don't worry about rules or this and that...just come on out. We'd love to have more cars.

Colin Miller
2m

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Bill May, Lillyweld, pjohnson
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What is up with Salem