Racing_is_life

Race Count Last Year: 73

Sprint Week for sure is better!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: team3521
7/16/13, 10:21 PM   #13
Re: IMW/ISW for dummies
ossuks

Midget Week gets you 2 for 1 with the local sprint scene being the strongest on the planet. BUT, make sure the schedule does not conflict with POWERI, this year they are all getting along, but USAC has a history of stabbing people in the back and should POWERI schedule at the same time USAC only has about 8 teams. If that is the case Sprint Week is awesome!

7/16/13, 10:30 PM   #14
minispeed

I got it! Combined the two call it indiana open wheel week. I. O. W. W. cheaper for the teams and fans.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: koolaid89, Spindler31
7/16/13, 11:34 PM   #15
dr101minisprint

Midget week is better if you like smaller crowds, enjoy sprint cars as the support series, cooler weather and most tracks this year were $20. for general admission. On the down side: Campers are probably 1/3 in number compared to sprint week, decreasing the before and after parties. Wish midget week would add a few more tracks. The final race on Sunday at Kokomo in the Midget week also causes some scheduling problems. I have done both weeks traveling in the camper and enjoy both.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
7/17/13, 4:00 AM   #16
reeserx

I personally think midget week has much better racing, nothing better then midgets going all out on Indiana bull rings plus you got the sprints as a support class but that's just me

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: koolaid89, Tim Watson
7/19/13, 3:09 AM   #17
koolaid89

How about places to stop in between tracks and or places to eat. The Half Moon will be at the top of our list in Kokomo of course...

7/22/13, 6:21 AM   #18
Andrew S. Quinn

I'd add in POWRi Illinois midget week into your equasion. Having been to Illinois Midget week,and most of Indiana Midget week and Indiana Sprint week this year,honestly,it has been the best of all the "Weeks" so far this season,despite the final night rainout. It was POWRi's first attempt at an Illinois midget week,and I hear it good they will have another one next year. Stay tuned here for next years dates.

Lots of midgets,and as I recall,47 was the low number for the week,with the high being 55 at Macon. Good racing every night,everyone runs a heat,reasonable priced admission,they keep the program moving,they engage the fans into the program,and make you feel welcome that you came to watch.Everyone I talked to enjoyed Illinois Midget week,and the only bad thing I heard about it was they ran out of t-shirts early.

Its already at the top of my list for next years races.

7/22/13, 11:52 AM   #19
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew S. Quinn View Post
I'd add in POWRi Illinois midget week into your equasion. Having been to Illinois Midget week,and most of Indiana Midget week and Indiana Sprint week this year,honestly,it has been the best of all the "Weeks" so far this season,despite the final night rainout. It was POWRi's first attempt at an Illinois midget week,and I hear it good they will have another one next year. Stay tuned here for next years dates.

Lots of midgets,and as I recall,47 was the low number for the week,with the high being 55 at Macon. Good racing every night,everyone runs a heat,reasonable priced admission,they keep the program moving,they engage the fans into the program,and make you feel welcome that you came to watch.Everyone I talked to enjoyed Illinois Midget week,and the only bad thing I heard about it was they ran out of t-shirts early.

Its already at the top of my list for next years races.
I love Indiana but only being able to make a couple trips for races we have considered doing Illinois over Indiana Midget Week next year. Long way off but something to think about.

7/23/13, 3:10 AM   #20
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I much prefer midget racing (specially with A sprint car support class)/ but midgets don't seem to like to come out and rACE IN INDIANA FOR SOME REASON/ NO DOUBT THAT MANGY PURSE HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT/ WOULD MUCH LIKE TO SEE SOME IMPROVEMENT THERE (IE BIGGER PURSES, BETTER CAR COUNTS)

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > IMW/ISW for dummies