Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City bleachers
7/13/13, 5:14 PM   #21
Re: Gas City bleachers
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro94 View Post
I will stand. Dont need a seat. You set down all the way there in the car
great another nascar fan

7 members like this post: cleatziff, I Miss Manzy, ISF, mtek56, rachasin, rclaridge, ronmil
7/13/13, 7:09 PM   #22
Joe Kidd
Banned

The bleachers do suck. I know that the non winger fans get upset when facts are presented to them, but the bleachers do suck. Just like the follow the leader parade in the race.

7/13/13, 7:58 PM   #23
ThePurple73

No doubt a lot of small dirt tracks were constructed before admission prices were $25.00 to attend.

I think of the dirt tracks I attend in non-wing racing, Terre Haute is one of the best for facilities. I usually sit west of the grandstand and the seats actually have aisles so you can get out of your seat. The seats are actually wide enough to sit on. They have civilized rest rooms.

In the 60's and 70's it didn't seem you were in your seat as long during the event. Usually sprint car races didn't have support classes so the show was more focused, and just about sprint car racing. Much better announcing in my opinion, announcers used to make it interesting. It's not uncommon now to sit for 5 or 6 hours and the only time the announcers talk much about the drivers are when the cars are running.

1 member likes this post: ronmil
7/14/13, 12:26 AM   #24
Bad Dad 54

Most bleachers are bad, it's why I'm found in the pits a lot, never been in the stands at GC. What got me was the dust flying around, couldn't see last 1/2 of the race. Been to 4 races in Ind & 2 were so dusty couldn't watch the race. The other 2 were paved, like being in MI, Jiggs usually has that track in good shape, slipped up Fri. Get'em next time Bubb

7/15/13, 2:08 PM   #25
johnnythunderhead
Banned

they're excellent compared to those at kokomo (that don't even have hand railings!)

the racing was off the hook awesome at both tracks though!

OH. AND MICKEY ROONEY WAS A HOT SHOT MIDGET RACER IN "THE BIG WHEEL" HAD TO BEEN MADE IN THE 30'S OR 40'S I RECON, TWAS A GOOD FLICK!

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 7/15/13 at 9:37 PM.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
7/15/13, 2:10 PM   #26
DICNJAN

Dang thought it was a dirt track

3 members like this post: BrandonT30, BrentTFunk, cwfan08
7/15/13, 3:13 PM   #27
duel

I never used to think about their bleachers until I read the complaints on here. Now its in my head for a brief moment when I stand up to stretch. The great time and the racing always more than makes up for the bleachers. The railings are a plus.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, Koonzee, mowerman
7/15/13, 3:26 PM   #28
gas city gal

I am thankful I don't have to crawl to those "terrible" seats; they have railings that I can go up and down safely....it is heck to get old!!!! I also appreciate it that I can go back to the pits prior to the race starting by purchasing a 50/50 ticket at pit gate. Thank you Gas City!!!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, speed bump
7/15/13, 5:47 PM   #29
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

@Joe Kidd..I dont know what race you attended Friday night but it def wasnt a parade..there was a lot of passing..the track dried out early yes but thats what happens with the sun beating down and 53 cars taking single qualifying runs..but they got it worked out as the night went a long..

Tyler

3 members like this post: mowerman, PIT CART, speed bump
7/16/13, 2:59 PM   #30
hacksaw

Took your advice and didn't go to Gas City because of the bleachers

1 member likes this post: speed bump
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City bleachers