IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Haulerin2deep (Offline)
  #1 7/15/13 3:55 PM
First time coming to ISW for Terre Haute, Putnamville, and Bloomington. My son and I will be coming in our pick up and a camper. Just trying to figure out how the camping works. Is there a cost to camp at these tracks or do they even allow it? Also can you bring in any coolers to any of the 3? Any help would be great!!!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #2 7/15/13 4:47 PM
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep:
First time coming to ISW for Terre Haute, Putnamville, and Bloomington. My son and I will be coming in our pick up and a camper. Just trying to figure out how the camping works. Is there a cost to camp at these tracks or do they even allow it? Also can you bring in any coolers to any of the 3? Any help would be great!!!
I'm from Wisconsin and don't have all the answers but have been to all the tracks. Terre Haute, i believe the fair is going on and you need to arrive before 4pm to avoid paying for parking. Camping is allowed but no hook ups. Not sure on coolers but it might be ok just no alcohol. Put, nice camping spots with some shade, no charge, no hookups. Coolers but no alcohol. BTown, camping with no charge, no hookups. Coolers are allowed and alcohol is ok to bring in.
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #3 7/15/13 4:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
I'm from Wisconsin and don't have all the answers but have been to all the tracks. Terre Haute, i believe the fair is going on and you need to arrive before 4pm to avoid paying for parking. Camping is allowed but no hook ups. Not sure on coolers but it might be ok just no alcohol. Put, nice camping spots with some shade, no charge, no hookups. Coolers but no alcohol. BTown, camping with no charge, no hookups. Coolers are allowed and alcohol is ok to bring in.
The fair ended yesterday, Tim.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Haulerin2deep (Offline)
  #4 7/15/13 4:53 PM
Thanks for the help. Looking forward to not driving after the races. Any other information is appreciated.
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #5 7/15/13 5:40 PM
Coolers full of beer or any other plastic are allowed in the infield of terre haute legal in btowns stands and also haubstadt. Although I think there is a size restriction at tri state. Pville is a no but you can park close enough to the gate that a short walk during stock cars is no problem

Posted via Mobile Device

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #6 7/16/13 8:02 PM
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw:
The fair ended yesterday, Tim.
Thanks Jerry. I didn't really look up any info i was just guessing. I know very little and i needed some Hooziers to bale me out on this one!
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #7 7/16/13 8:23 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
Thanks Jerry. I didn't really look up any info i was just guessing. I know very little and i needed some Hooziers to bale me out on this one!
I don't know, but I'm guessing that when Adam Nigg flew one to within a few feet of the midway, during the fair a few years ago, you might have seen the last sprint race during the fair.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
Al Pierce (Offline)
  #8 7/16/13 9:38 PM
Here is some information on the 4 remaining tracks. Be advised that I haven't had an RV for a couple of years but I think the procedures are about the same.

THAT: They have limited area with hookups. They might all be reserved. Not much in the way of shade unless you park under the roofed area. 20 amp and water sites (no sewer) have a charge. Don't know what the current charge is. Huge area available for dry camping normally without charge. The only time I paid for one of these was during the local county fair. It will be over when you get there. Reserved RV parking area is reasonably close to the stands. Open parking might require walking a distance equivalent to a couple of city blocks to the stands..or infield if you prefer.
LPS: Fair sized parking area, all dry camping. The parking area and stands sit at the top of a hill regardless of how you enter. There are a couple of entrances. The one furthest west is a bit rough on RVs and can produce serious wheel hop for some.
I'd advise using the east entrance leading to the pits and turn left before the pit gate. Go up the hill and continue past the stands to the RV parking area. They have signs indicating the appropriate area. No charge.
Bloomington: Huge area. They advise you to park at the tree line surrounding the parking area and to back up to the tree line. No hookups and no charge.
TSS: If you arrive early you might find a spot near the backstretch stands. Otherwise, continue past the stands to a HUGE field and park close to the tree line. No hookups/No charge. There is a pond in the area. They advise you to stay away from it.

Be a considerate camper and pick up and bag your trash. Some tracks may allow fires/others not. It will be noisy after the race as some parties run to near daybreak or when the participants pass out. If possible, avoid running over any bodies when you leave.
rclaridge (Offline)
  #9 7/16/13 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Haulerin2deep:
if there is any way you can stay and make it to TSS I would highly recommend it,in my opinion it will easily provide the best racing.....but be warned he will rework the track,however it is more than worth the time it takes!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device
jim goerge (Offline)
  #10 7/17/13 12:13 AM
I heard after Adam took that ride there were people lineing up thinking it was a new fair ride