IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Indiana
7/14/13, 11:42 AM   #1
Thank you Indiana
nathan48moore

I have to say thanks to Indiana for ruining racing for me. This place is amazing. Gas city- more cars and people than I can imagine. Kokomo- I realized until that point I have never seen a real sprint car race. Awesome place and fun to race on. Lawrenceburg- wow, I now can say I have never seen a real race facility. This place is to nice to describe. I am now spoiled and have to make the move here soon. Nathan Moore.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/14/13, 11:53 AM   #2
Re: Thank you Indiana
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Was Great Meeting you at Kokomo, Your still in for a few surprises, Each track is unique and special in their own way and you don't even hit Paragon. Get some laps, I could see the definate improvement from Hotlaps till the end of your NQ race.

Stay safe!
Chuck

7/14/13, 12:07 PM   #3
i love dirt track racing

Posted via Mobile Device it's all good in Indiana
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 7/14/13 at 12:08 PM.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
7/14/13, 1:14 PM   #4
SPRINTCAR

Good luck tonite, seen you were already at the Burg this morning.

1 member likes this post: wilbur
7/14/13, 2:41 PM   #5
cmakin

Yeah, Nathan. That is exactly why this place has become my second home. .. . . .

7/14/13, 4:39 PM   #6
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

It was great meeting you at Kokomo. I also saw the improvement in the first two nights. Really amazing since you told me your previous experience was in 305 winged sprints. Hope we see you more in Indiana. Good luck tonight and the rest of the week.

7/14/13, 8:11 PM   #7
EldoraMark

Nice to meet you and your Dad and in your case is exactly why USAC format sucks. Nathan and his father drove straight through from Texas. At Gas City they started in the last chance race. Ran 8 laps and did not make the cut and loaded up. Kokomo was the same results. Just don't understand why they can not have more than 4 heats. This would a least give guys like Nathan more seat time since they would be able to run the B feature. Just want to make clear that Nathan did not complain about the format. I am doing it for him and all the guys that had to load up after the last chance race.

7/14/13, 9:27 PM   #8
STIDA.com

Race Count This Year: 9

Over the years formats get adjusted. It wasn't long ago they only took 4 transfers out of the NQ races. Remember the mid to late nineties? 60-75 cars a nite. Half the field was split into 2-8 lap NQ races transfering 2 out of each. On a regular nite those NQ races could have been A mains.

I would not be opposed to taking the non transfer cars out of the NQ races and letting them run a "C" main for 10 laps transferring 2 to the tail of B.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: dusty tracks, jim goerge, mowerman, oldfan49, VSneader2
7/14/13, 10:24 PM   #9
gtownplowboy

that is a great idea. are you listening u.s.a.c.? probably not, but a great idea none the less.

Posted via Mobile Device

7/15/13, 6:46 AM   #10
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

No track in the south that I have seen even compares with the racing you see in Indiana, its the #1 reason I will never move out of central Indiana. Glad you are enjoying your stay, hope to see you make the show one night.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thank you Indiana