IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SALEM ThunderValley?
5/28/13, 1:55 PM   #1
SALEM ThunderValley?
TQ29m

Any news updates on racing at Thundervalley this season? Bob

5/28/13, 4:43 PM   #2
Re: SALEM ThunderValley?
Mulvaney

every friday night we need cars he said if he cant get several cars on a weekly basis he is going to stop running minis.

5/28/13, 5:17 PM   #3
TQ29m

Well then, someone needs to schedule them, ya just can't run willy nilly and expect to get cars, you might get 3 without someone scheduling, that'd be a ho-ho, the TQ's have a couple scheduled, but that was earlier before Mason dropped out, so we don't know if we have any or not, yet. Bob

5/28/13, 7:21 PM   #4
pjohnson

We will be there this week with one car and next week with two. he is not getting cars in his other classes why does he threaten the minisprints? He also took the money for a class sponsorship for the year in the minis. If he wants to loose people who want to support him all the time keep threating to drop the class. money is tight he should be happy people want to spend what extra they have to come to his track. sorry for the rant but that gets to me. We would of been there last week but money was tight. we will be there this week though i get cleared next week by the Doctors to get in my car if things keep going well and they should. my question is how do you accept a sponsor for the class then cut the class? Hell my friend bought a car over the winter to take there and has been there both races another person i know bought a car off of me over the weekend and will be bringing it soon. He has only had two races the first did not have many cars in any class WOW

5/28/13, 7:40 PM   #5
TQ29m

Communication, communication, communication, just like location, location, location, ya gotta get the word out to the organizations, which by now might be a little late, might be better handled as the season winds down, but you can't just "say" there will be whatever kind of racing on Friday nights, and expect anything but a small car count, it has to be communicated and organized, someone has to do something except just show up, it'll be a "no fly zone" real quick, I'd like to see it happen, I like to run there, and have a lot over the years, but to load up, and pull there, not knowing if anyone else will, ain't gonna happen, it has to be as said above, no need to repeat it again. Bob!

5/28/13, 10:37 PM   #6
Mulvaney

I agree 100 percent. with u both. I just think he thought new promotor meant more cars but until he proves he can handle the track any better then mason did it will not happen and so far im not impressed. And I too can't see why he would cut any class. If you get 4 or 5 minis at 25 a piece plus at least 25 cuz no one goes racing alone that is around 200 250 and then dont pay but 50 to win you still come out ahead. Idk guys we will just have to see. I just hope we do get more cars. Pass the word every Friday night minis at Salem hell from what I've seen bring minis and sidewinders lol any cars I guess

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
5/30/13, 11:23 AM   #7
pjohnson

I agree if he cuts any class he is just hurting himself. I think he needs to try this year see how he does and go from there. Every track that races cars has its regulars that will always be there dont expect people who just race in a series to be there like the regulars. that dont happen anywhere. In todays tight times racers have to pick and chose where they go. some want to only race in a series and some just want to run at a local track. Dont punish either one wether your a series promoter or a track promoter. I see about nine cars being regular at Salem when everyone gets going. I work with 4 of them I cant run until the doc says lol. 2 of the cars are ready one has been there already and the 4th just got a new owner/driver and he is working on getting it ready. I dont see the series saying hey we are not going to race if the Salem Regulars dont come and neither should Salem threaten its regular supporter if the series dont come. Its a money thing both ways. Salem promoter stop acting like our money aint good enough. I know i have brought new people into the sport of minisprint racing at your track and yes the may hit a few series races that they can afford as well but they want to race on friday night at the local track most of the time. I also seen where you got a local Mitchell business as a minisprint class sponsor. Do you have any in the other classes? Thank you Dave at Woolston Automotive for being the 2013 Thunder Valley minisprint class sponsor.

1 member likes this post: Mike M 67
5/30/13, 12:52 PM   #8
Bill May

The MMSA would like to return to Thunder Valley with ,both wings and non wing, track regulars would not have to pay any membership fees to race with us. we could have 20 + cars together, provide a good show for the promoter,
I spoke with Mike a few weeks ago, he has not gotten back with me about a schedule, If you regular track racers would like to see more cars, talk to him about having us in for a race, it could lead to a few more cars for him on regular fridays, I'm sure we could work out a deal for a trial date. we were able to work with Mason in past seasons, this is a good mini sprint track and we would like to see it continue to operate.

Bill May

1 member likes this post: awnunn
5/30/13, 1:45 PM   #9
Mulvaney

amen bill last time u guys were there it was an awsome show. the more the merrier. i enjoy racing at salem and with mmsa at times. how great would it be to have a few shows with the mmsa guys and have 20 cars not only for the drivers but the fans and that is what really makes or breaks the track. hope it all works out.

5/30/13, 5:49 PM   #10
cmiracingvids

I've ran a couple regular shows there, and I love that little track. I hope we race there with the MMSA later this year. Friday nights unfortunately kill me with work. It's very hard to make 2 in a month. The other 2 I can't cuz I'm working. Hope we race there though.

Colin Miller
2m

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > SALEM ThunderValley?