IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > terre haute action at 510pm
5/22/13, 9:50 PM   #21
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

I was at work across the st and there is now way we got over a .25 of a inch when we get over .75 in a short time our drains cannot stand the amount of water wasnt hardly a stream running to it idk.the track did look runnable corners was good when i took pics straight looked a little wetter bus scrapped quals and draw save the hr we could have had the a main on track.bout now..jmo

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: mowerman, Rpracing1
5/22/13, 10:29 PM   #22
Re: terre haute action at 510pm
aXe

When the track owners promotors call the race off what can you do?

1 member likes this post: fish
5/22/13, 10:30 PM   #23
aXe

]

5/22/13, 11:27 PM   #24
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadSmith View Post
They are quick to look at the forecast to cancel a race, but forget to look at the forecast before throwing more water on the track. I'm not bashing here. I don't work for USAC or THAT. I don't work on the track, nor have I ever. Maybe check the radar before you go dumping more water on, and don't ignore those black clouds. Regardless, I will continue to go to USAC events, so I can't say too much.

Chad Smith

Posted via Mobile Device
I was watching the radar and that thing popped up from nothing to a heavy rain in less than an hour. You just cant predict that.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtball, fish, interpreter66, racephoto1, terrehautian
5/23/13, 12:07 AM   #25
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I was watching the radar and that thing popped up from nothing to a heavy rain in less than an hour. You just cant predict that.
Uh, Hoover, Read my prediction in the other thread made two hours before the rain hit........... Went something like this "Small Storm over Olney Ill moving NE at 26mph will put it in Terre about 3:30.

But Sey la Vie.

5/23/13, 12:28 AM   #26
Danny Burton

I stopped by the track at 8 p.m., seeing that I was in town anyway. It didn't look too bad....until I remembered, hey, it's 8 p.m. That would have made for a late running show for a weeknight. Most of you guys and gals have to work the next day.

I left Terre Haute just past 10. As I turned onto 3rd Street, there was a brief, but heavy shower. Heading south, rain puddles were already starting to form on 3rd St. I turned onto I-70, where it was still raining. I'll assume it was raining at the fairgrounds.

It was a tough call to make, but in my opinion it was the right call. Does anyone think it gave the promoters any pleasure to postpone this race? Me neither.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5/23/13, 8:54 AM   #27
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
Well, I was there at 3:45, and water was standing on the track 15 feet out from the inside rail. Look at Lloyd's photos closely and you'll see it in one and two. Look closely at the photo of the frontstretch and you'll see some standing there also.

They got about .75 to 1 inch of rain just before I got there. I wasn't behind a keyboard, I was at the track. There were 5 or 6 teams there then, with a couple more arriving before I left.

I would think that USAC's snappy cancellation decision was probably swayed by the fact that there were only 5 or 6 teams on site at this time, not to mention the shower.

5/23/13, 9:16 AM   #28
Ty

The twitter feed was quite entertaining yesterday around 3:30-4, that's for sure

5/23/13, 9:49 AM   #29
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I would think that USAC's snappy cancellation decision was probably swayed by the fact that there were only 5 or 6 teams on site at this time, not to mention the shower.
Most tracks don't have a full field at the track 2 hrs and 15 minutes before hot laps. I got a call from HAR when they received a text saying it was canceled and they were still 15 miles from Terre Haute. Saved me the 3 hour drive after work. Most sprint car teams are working people so they aren't going to take a whole day off work just to get to the track early.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, dirtball, interpreter66, mowerman
5/23/13, 10:05 AM   #30
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Most tracks don't have a full field at the track 2 hrs and 15 minutes before hot laps. I got a call from HAR when they received a text saying it was canceled and they were still 15 miles from Terre Haute. Saved me the 3 hour drive after work. Most sprint car teams are working people so they aren't going to take a whole day off work just to get to the track early.
Didn't say Full Field anywhere in post. Usually more teams than that there at that time frame though.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > terre haute action at 510pm