IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking
5/10/13, 11:44 AM   #21
Re: Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking
chrismattlin

The general purposes of the Alcohol & Tobacco Commission's work, as defined by law, are:
....To provide for the raising of revenue.
DUH!

When you realize that the government is a FOR PROFIT CORPORATION you will understand what is going on.

Let me tell you this much- No cop is searching anything of mine without a warrant signed by a judge. I value my unalienable rights greatly, including the 4th Amendment. The People have NO rights when they are not willing to fight for them.

As far as some tracks being "allowed" to sell alcohol while simultaneously allowing carry-in, and others not, well that is referred to as "Selective Enforcement" and is utterly UNLAWFUL.

It's a shame that Lawrenceburg Speedway sits on Dearborn County property, for if it didn't, Rudy could tell the Pigs, err Cops to take a hike.

It'll be tough now to get my friends (the ones who aren't hardcore racers) to come out to the track now- I always hyped it up to them that even if they didn't especially enjoy the racing, they could enjoy the tail-gating all throughout the evening. I suppose now I'll just come with my Dad instead of bringing a half-dozen paying customers along.

1 member likes this post: SPRINTCAR
5/10/13, 12:02 PM   #22
pjohnson

Why is it that people just cant enjoy the racing instead of feeling that if they cannot drink they wont support a track? Im not against a beer now and then but having to have it is crazy. I have a friend who loved racing and enjoyed owning and driving his race car but got so envolved in drinking his car not just sits in my shop and he would rather sit and drink than anything else it is destroying his life. What a sad thing he was a pretty good driver and could be again. Alcohol is ment for the fuel tank not the body. JMO Ps how many people drink at the track then drive home i have seen quite a few. As a firefighter i have seen what alcohol can do. Sad

5 members like this post: jim goerge, mr nobody, PJ Wright, REH24, ronmil
5/10/13, 12:15 PM   #23
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
Why is it that people just cant enjoy the racing instead of feeling that if they cannot drink they wont support a track? Im not against a beer now and then but having to have it is crazy. I have a friend who loved racing and enjoyed owning and driving his race car but got so envolved in drinking his car not just sits in my shop and he would rather sit and drink than anything else it is destroying his life. What a sad thing he was a pretty good driver and could be again. Alcohol is ment for the fuel tank not the body. JMO Ps how many people drink at the track then drive home i have seen quite a few. As a firefighter i have seen what alcohol can do. Sad
Keep in mind, in the not too distant past, alcohol was welcomed in the pits.

******** and "helicopter Mom" types are killing my favorite sport and it's pissing me off!

BTW, alcohol can do terrible things to stupid people, and you can't fix stupid.

5/10/13, 12:24 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Little shine or gin in sprite bottle never hurt nobody now did it?..

There are ways and please don't drive drunk!
KEEP ON KEEPIN ON!

5/10/13, 1:40 PM   #25
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

A simple Google search will tell you that most people that hate the police, hate them because they are stupid enough to get arrested. So not consuming cheaper alcohol at an event is killing your favorite sport?

4 members like this post: jim goerge, pjohnson, REH24, ronmil
5/10/13, 2:05 PM   #26
REH24

[QUOTE=chrismattlin;329875]

******** and "helicopter Mom" types are killing my favorite sport and it's pissing me off!

That can be change by letting your feelings be known to the ones that are "pissing you off" instead of on here where it really doesn't matter. Start sending e-mails and letters to the ones that piss you off and tell your friends to do it also while you having a beer with them.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
5/10/13, 2:54 PM   #27
pjohnson

I dont think Lawrenceburg speedway cracking down on this will kill the sport. They have been racing there for many many years. I started going there when i was eleven and thats been a long time ago. Racing to me is about good competition, good people that help other racers and familes enjoying other familes in a competitive event. not seeing how many beers you can drink or how drunk you can get. Alcohol does hurt good people as well as stupid people. My friend is not stupid but is caught in the alcohol trap. Nothing wrong with a little beer or spirits now and then there is a place for that home or bar. I have no symapthy for people who chose to drink and drive. Keep up the good work Lawrenceburg speedway thats why your still around after all these years. Im proud to see all the tracks i went to as a kid are still going strong. lots of tracks have died but prolly none of them because they stopped allowing you to bring beer

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
5/10/13, 3:00 PM   #28
chrismattlin

It's not about beer, sirs. Honestly, I don't really care. All I can tell you is that this sport, from any angle you look at it, is in dire straights. If no one else can admit that, nothing will ever change, sadly.

2 members like this post: smith19, TheLip2
5/10/13, 3:18 PM   #29
pjohnson

Enlightin us how is it in dire straits? Other than money is tight and that hurts but thats not tracks or the sports fault. its the economy we have right now. I dont know anyone thats wants our sport to die. I know i dont i just dont see that ever happening. To many of us want to beat everyone else so racing will live on. We have had bad times before.

5/10/13, 3:35 PM   #30
PJ Wright

Chris: The cops are "pigs", racing is in "dire straights" and you can't bring your own beer? Complain much?

By the way Charles, you were right. It took awhile but the boohooing has begun.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Heads Up regarding back stretch parking