IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Sat. April 27th
4/27/13, 10:04 PM   #31
Re: Lawrenceburg Sat. April 27th
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
Any news on Abrams 32 specifically? Blue/white Culver's car

Posted via Mobile Device
Abrams was in the top 10 the whole feature. I'm thinking he finished right around 7th.

4/27/13, 10:51 PM   #32
Gregg

Another good night of racing with 27 sprint cars on the grounds.

-Joss Moffatt drove a smart race holding off a faster Gary Taylor. On at least two occasions Taylor made the pass for the lead but had to give it up because of the yellow. One of the passes came on a restart so Joss pretty much knew how Taylor was going to do in a subsequent restart. Taylor will win a feature very soon. Tonight just wasn't the night.

-Brett Burdette came from mid-pack to third by the halfway point but just didn't have quite enough to keep up with Moffatt or Taylor.

-Another good race was for 4th as Ted Hines and Logan Hupp as they exchanged positions on a couple of occasions in the last 10 laps of the race.

-Scariest moment of the evening was in the Semi when Mike Kennedy checked up right in front of John Race in turn 3 and Race went for a wild ride. With his arms flailing as he flipped it was a little scary. Last report I heard was he appeared to be okay.

-Good performances in the Semi by some local boys. Brad Stevens grabbed the win and made it look easy. And yes, Dwayne Spille raced his way into the feature with an impressive 3rd place finish.

-A little misting around the time of the semi up to the beginning of the feature but it never drizzled or rain hard enough to hold anything up. The Checkers waved at 9:00 sharp.

-Missing our kemo sabe Mr. Fishburger but after intense discussion with Mudpacker, RacinBabe and RichH we decided he had an acceptable reason to abdicate his perch (no pun intended) in Section A for the evening.

Time to hit the rack.

4/27/13, 11:36 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I went to GC last night thinking I wasn't going to be able to see a race due to forecast for the weekend, Seen a good show there and I waited today till 4pm before making the decision to head to the Burg.

I get there at 4:45 not a bunch of fans hanging out, No big line at the gate to get in as usual and I was only expecting maybe 15 cars in the sprints. Later a decent crowd turned out but it was down a bit Im sure due to weather.

THE SHOW WAS GREAT, Yeah Joss won from the pole but it sure as heck wasn't easy. Taylor driving the Hery 40 was just smoking fast, Drove under Moffatt on lap 13 for the lead and was negated by a yellow. On the subsequent restart, Taylor drove around him on the outside once again for the lead. Joss learned from both and it didn't happen again although Taylor made several runs on Joss. The track was so fast they started lapping on lap ten and were lapping again on lap 22-25 after the lap 14 restart Many nights that don't happen at least till late even if its mostly green.

Joss took the win, Followed by Taylor and Burdette who stated mid pack and was very fast but could not make up the ground lost while he was gaining positions.

Ted Hines as i've said for over a year is just amazing on the Burg got fourth but it wasn't easy as Cowboy Hupp was playin KT jr and cowboying that car from deep in the pack and running above the cushion and him and Hines must have passed each other ten times.

Nicely won the Mod feature over Hamilton and Kincaid.

Street Stock feature was won under a blanket and the Hornets had a photo finish.

Gotta give dibs to the Rudisels on the Harf, Darf, Sparc and well represented BARC night. Left the cooler in the car and bought a lot of concessions tonight. Thanks!

Track had hole up in three and never took rubber all night, Im sure had we had any sun at all, It wouldn't have been so stinking fast but all and all, Great track and probably fastest of the year.

Joss Moffatt told me he wanted nothing more than to win on the New Burg and its the hardest track other than maybe Eldora he's raced to win on, Its just that tough! YOU DID IT MAN! AND HAD THE MOST PEOPLE STANDING AND CHEERING COMING ACROSS THE LINE that I've seen since Cottles Midget week win at Gas City! Congrats to You, Angel and your Dad!

I thought the days were over of seeing a body tossed about the cockpit, Race's flip was one of the scariest ive seen in a few years, I really thought he might be hurt bad and Im still uncertain that he's 100% I felt a bit better when they didn't call Air Care and took their time deciding and notifying the team before driving him to the Hospital to get the once over. PLEASE UPDATE US How he's doing as soon as someone knows, Like I've said before, There'd be nobody I'd want more to be at my crash than the LBurg Safety Team, I heard a lot of compliments tonight vs the usual Hurry up calls. As Gregg said, His arms were flailing and helmet bouncing around, SCARY! Hope to never see that again.

Sprint feature pushed off at 8:30, Entire show done at 10, Im sure as HELL glad I went. See you next week!
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 4/27/13 at 11:56 PM.

4/28/13, 12:11 AM   #34
JETFXR

Congrats to Joss and Crew.Fast and smooth all night, all around another great night of racing at the Burg
Attached Images
2013 04 28 003.JPG (339.4 KB, 60 views)

4/28/13, 1:54 AM   #35
treecitytornado

Thanks to my Mom, Dad, Jeff & Kaitlyn Sweat for a pretty good first night out on a newer car. Started rough in the Heat Race losing a torsion stop, but came back from 19th to 9th in the Main. A big thanks to Brown's Oil Service, Buffalo Wings & Rings, Ti22 Performance, Ti64, and all my other great supporters! See you next week.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: FishBurger, johnnythunderhead
4/28/13, 2:46 AM   #36
johnnythunderhead
Banned

i think i signed up for the military tonite/ i mean, not at the track, but at the bars later on! all kidding aside that was a perfect track (A LAWRENCEBURG TRACK AS ONE SHOULD BE!) AND THE RACING WAS INCREDIBLE AS ALWAYS!!!!! this is the premier sprint car racing track in america, if not all of indiana!!!! congrats mr. moffit and great run (new mr. 40) i know your name but its a new one to the area AND ITS ON THE TIP OF MY TONGUE, but we'll all know it quite well very soon I'M CERTAIN, just not coming to me now/ (theres a lot of bars between me house and that loveley track, ARRRR) what is it with that hery rocket? thank all for a wonderful night!!!! hope MR. RACE IS DOIN ALRIGHT!

2 members like this post: FishBurger
4/28/13, 2:53 AM   #37
johnnythunderhead
Banned

P S GREAT RUN TO THE TORNADO/!/ i was watching you and it was your kind'a track and i could see ya smilin n havin a fun night at the office, i'm sure you'll be back and hopefully the track prep will provide us with similiar "balls to the walls" conditions/ a little tweekin n you'll be on the podium i predict! arrrrr!

2 members like this post: FishBurger
4/28/13, 3:03 AM   #38
pepprdig

Joss was on a rail tonight. Well derserved win, but as Charles said it didnt come easy. Gary Taylor was breathing down his neck the whole time. The track was bad fast from start to finish everything was done by 10pm. Kudos to the whole staff! Also, prayers to my friend Rick Lane. He's been under the weather lately hope to see him back next week
Also great run for Jt Stapp. coming from 19th to 9th!

4/28/13, 3:05 AM   #39
pepprdig

One more thing, if you havent been at Lwrenceburg every week this year, Youve missed an amazing show each and every week from all the classes. See everyone next week

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
4/28/13, 3:21 AM   #40
johnnythunderhead
Banned

one more p s/ gary taylor, remember that name, he's here and in the hery # 40!

i remember days of yore when central pa. was the mecca/ now indiana be the mecca/ welcome to the mecca mr. taylor!

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lawrenceburg Sat. April 27th